Chapter 28: Anger

Author's note: Cursing warning ahead. Just thought I give you a heads up since I haven't used foul language yet (right?).

Zhuo Cheng was a simple man: Whatever his family desired, they would get. He knew how conceited that statement was and only the privileged can carry it through. He was also a biased man and believed that his family was well-qualified to make prober life choices, even if he doesn't agree with it.

So, when Zhuo Cheng received a message from Xiao Zhan at six in the morning, he didn't hesitate to comply with the request.

[XZ: Do you still need an assistant?

ZC: Doesn't matter

ZC: You can claim it]

He wasn't surprised by Xiao Zhan's decision since he offered it in the first place. Instead, he was more interested in what was the final straw. For the time being though, he'll let Xiao Zhan speak at his own pace.

That idea, however, wasn't necessary since Zhuo Cheng received the news when he stepped into the hospital. Due to the severity of the accident, his assistant was already waiting at the elevator doors with a report in mind. Zhuo Cheng rubbed his temples for the incoming headache: It was going to be a long day.

~~~~~

Yibo opened his eyes to a gorgeous being that provided more warmth than the sunlight that was peeping through the blinds. If it wasn't for the muscle aches from last night's accident, Yibo would have thought it was a nightmare.

This was one of many mornings that YiZhan had shared since that unforgettable first kiss. Today, Yibo was extra grateful to have this man in his life. People do say that near-death experiences allow one to appreciate the people in their life more.

Yibo never understood when people expressed how "love changes everything". Even when Hai Kuan fell in love and married Zan Jin; Yibo only noticed a gentle, wholesome gaze that his brother only had towards his spouse. In all other settings (from the Wang's business gatherings to his work events and shows), Yibo stayed clear from topics that created 'heartwarming' conversations.

He finally got a taste of such heart bubbles when he opened his eyes that fateful day and Xiao Zhan appeared in his vision. It wasn't quite the line of "love changes everything"; more of "Xiao Zhan has changed Yibo".

There was no effort or even thoughts of wanting to alter his ways to please Xiao Zhan. Yibo simply said words and acted on a whim whenever Xiao Zhan's smiling face appeared in his vision. It was a natural metamorphosis that was only for his Zhan-ge to experience and everyone else was just fortunate to catch a glimpse of the change.

As if Xiao Zhan could sense the intense gaze on him, he started to stir from his semicoma.

"Morning."

Xiao Zhan smiled, burying his unpresentable face into the pillow. He should be used to this moment since it's what he's been waking up to since their first night together. But. Xiao Zhan doesn't have a thick face like Wang-er gonzi.

Yibo let out an airy giggle and pulled Xiao Zhan closer to him. If his Zhan-ge was going to hide his face, it should be in his embrace.

Completely enraptured in their tranquility, Yibo felt it was appropriate to address the lion in the room. "Sorry for making you worried," Yibo whispered next to Xiao Zhan's ear.

"I'm just glad that you're in one piece."

"Hmn." Yibo felt selfish for having such thoughts when Han-ge was currently hospitalized. However, remembering Xiao Zhan's appearance last night, he hoped to never see him like that again. Xiao Zhan only deserved happiness.