21

lucas' mouth fell agape

lucas' mouth fell agape. the hike was clearly worth it, he was catching his breath because yuqi walked fast.

yuqi smiled and sat at the railings, her hand held the metal to support her. she patted the seat next to her, "come here!" she called out.

the boy sat next to her, his eyes still scanning the bright city lights below them. "how did you find out about here?" lucas asks, overwhelmed at the scene, his heart felt like it has been cleansed.

yuqi swayed her feet and shrugged, "junkyu always brought me here before, this was where he confessed too." she smiled at the memories, the boy never failed to make her smile; yet she wasted it because of her damn feelings.

lucas looked at her, surprised. he always thought that they weren't even that close, but it seems like they were. yuqi felt him looking, she felt a little awkward,

"s-so... what happened? not really forcing you to tell me, if you can't, then cool, if you can, then cooler." she says, ending the silence.

lucas contemplated, he wasn't the type to speak up what's bothering him. if he did, he'd talk to mark or yeonjun. he sighed, deciding to tell her considering that yuqi made an effort to bring him up there.

"it's just, yeri's so confusing. last night, i confessed for a hundredth time, expecting to see the same smile she gives me after that. but she didn't, she told me to wait a little bit because she's finally learning how to love me." lucas' voice sounded so bland, it was confused and like he begged for an answer.

"but awhile ago, she told me that she was confused. she said she thinks she likes this guy, b-buy she also thinks she likes me! for fucks sake." lucas chuckled,

"but even after that, i told her i'd wait for her." he ended. yuqi bit her lip, it looked like lucas fell deep into yeri, she couldn't help him because she, too, has fallen for him.

she erased those thoughts when lucas spoke again, "and i had a hunch who the other guy was." yuqi's head turned to him, "who do you think it was?"

"mark." yuqi's eyes widened.

"it just, it's weird. even her twitter header was their silhouettes! i don't know if mark knows though. he's always helping me to her." the girl creases her brows, matching the pieces together, now she was so sure, she just needs confirmation from yeri.

she looks at lucas who was obviously sad, "you really like her, huh?"

lucas was taken back with the question, he thought about it, his heart beating rapidly as he stare at yuqi. he then sighed, "yeah."

yuqi couldn't be more hurt now, but what could she do? she couldn't force him to like her back. she then remembered junkyu, so this was what he felt? when she blew him off? damn, it hurt.

"if you really like her, then... wait for her. pursue her, girls love effort." she giggled at her comment.

lucas blinked abruptly, "if girls love effort, why'd you turn down junkyu?" yuqi's head whipped back to look at lucas, surpised at the latter's question.

she sighed and smiled, "all i know is, if it's meant to be, it will be." she answered, shutting lucas up.

"junkyu was so out of my league. way too serious for someone who likes having fun for fucking up feelings. i liked him, i really did. but it felt like we couldn't even click, he's way too perfect for me. it left me breathless and was into deep insecurity just thinking about it. he deserved better, he deserved the best." yuqi says, her lips quivering at the memories where she cried every night thinking about the latter.

"and that best wasn't me." she says, lucas looked at her. his heart broke, he wished he didn't ask about it.

he smiled, "you're the best you for me."

the two sat in silence for a couple of minutes when yuqi spoke again, "these city lights look like shooting starts that fell into a wishing well."

lucas giggled, it seems like all problems were gone when she looked at yuqi staring at the city lights. "if you could wish somethings right now, what would it be?"

yuqi closed her eyes, wishing for one thing. lucad stared at her when she did it, he watched as the girl open her eyes again and look at him with a sad smile.

"you." his heart started beating fast,

"for you to be happy, lucas."

###