27

lucas leaned against the wooden wall as he close his eyes. his hands were inside his pockets, protecting it from the cold wind that rushed to them. yeri looked at him, guilt slowly taking, remembering all the efforts lucas made for the girl. she was very guilty for making the latter wait for over a year, even if his attention weren't the same for the first months until now.

yeri heaved a sigh to catch his attention. the boy opened his eyes, he was actually waiting for her to speak up, since he was very sleepy. he didn't even find it odd that yeri wanted to speak to him, he already knew what was coming.

"lucas, um, how should i say this." yeri bit her lower lip, unable to find the right words to say to the latter. lucas stared at her, amused. he was amused how the girl could tell him to wait for her with so much confidence yet she couldn't even tell him to stop after clearing up.

lucas just waited, and, waited. he waited for months because the girl told him too, he waited for months, because he thought the girl wanted him too but was just wasn't ready. and now, will he still wait for her to speak up?

no.

"c'mon, spit it out, yerim. i need to sleep too." lucas brushed his hair to the back, tilting his head up to avoid the girl's apologetic look.

he scoffed. "i know why you needed to talk to me, anyways." yeri's eyes widened, she looked away when the latter looked down to her.

"you finally know who you like, and it's not me. i already know that, yeri. three months into courting and i already know you like mark and not me!" lucas growled seeing yeri not being able to look at him.

"i just don't get it, yerim. i really don't! how could you tell me to keep waiting for you that long knowing you'll never accept me? how?"

"i don't know too."

lucas clicked his mouth at her answer, he was just so confused. she gave him hope, but it made him hopeless.

"i'm sorry, lucas. i know i was so unfair for pulling you into this shit. i just want you to know, you deserve better."

lucas' eyes glistened upon hearing a familiar phrase. his mind replaying the scene where he felt safest even in the highest of place, he was safe above those city lights.

"he deserved the best, and that best isn't me."

he could never forget her after that night. even if he was with yeri most of the time and they never got to meet, he was still thinking of yuqi. he swore, he was so happy when they met again for the trip, but all he got was yuqi purposely ignoring him, and it hurt him, big time.

"i wish for you to be happy, lucas."

his bit his lip as he ruffled his hair, at this point, he didn't even know if he's frustrated because of yeri.

"there's many girls out there, don't focus on me. you'll easily forget me, trust me." yeri spats off. little did she know lucas couldn't focus on her after yuqi came into his life.

lucas chuckled, "i wish i could get angry at you, but i just can't." he says. yeri hums, "that's called charm." she jokes. they both giggled, "last hug?" she asks and opens her arms, lucas accepted it.

he remembered the day where yuqi engulfed herself to him, his heart couldn't stop beating rapidly. 

"thank you for everything, lulu. and again, i'm sorry." she mumbles before letting go.

the two made their way inside, but stopped their tracks seeing a girl smiling at the choking mark, "yeri's lucky having you too!" she shouts before falling flat on the soft mattress.

"w-what happened here?" yeri asks seeing soojin rushing to give mark water while laughing her ass off. mark drank and leaned against the couch, tired.

lucas walked towards the mattress to look at yuqi, checking if she's okay. "don't worry about her, she shuts down after getting drunk." soojin pats his back.

mark looked at yeri, then lucas, with an aloof smile. "you three, including yeonjun, lost the chance to witness a show." he giggled.

###