26

"he's already drunk?!" mark giggled as yuqi commented while wobbly pointing at yeonjun who was sleeping soundly at the side

soojin rolled her eyes at yuqi, "yeonjun's not the only drunk here." she says and sips on her beer of can, yuqi creased her forehead, "is it me?" she asks. earning laughs from the other.

after they reached the beach, they made their way to their rooms, separating it to girls and boys. they rested for awhile before the boys called the girls to drink with them, it was almost midnight yet only two didn't survive.

soojin shrugged as she watch yeonjun snoring, "mark, can you accompany him to your room?" she asks. mark nodded and came near to the latter, "it's time to go buddy."

as the four were left in the living room, yeri suddenly called out lucas, "can we talk outside?" she questions. the latter just nodded as they head outside.

soojin and yuqi were left inside, they watched the two leave. yuqi chuckled,

"i hate how they have their love story! what about mine?!" she rants, completely drunk.

soojin just listens and giggles, "lucas didn't even notice me avoiding him! such a handsome freak!" she continues as she close her eyes and lean on the mattress.

her bestfriend raised her eyebrows, she noticed it. "why'd you avoid him anyways?"

yuqi laughs, "duh! i don't want to ruin his precious times with his precious yeri!" soojin watched as she try drink from her empty glass, shaking her head.

"uh, i hate it."

"what do you hate?"

"thrill. i mean, yes i love the feeling of being excited at the thought, but it also hurts! i keep expecting and expecting yet nothing happens."

"what do you expect?"

"for him to say that i'm the one he likes."

soojin kept quiet, she felt like the girl still wants to say something more and she was right when yuqi kept speaking,

"junkyu must've felt like this. it hurt so bad, you know that feeling when you just want something so bad yet you end up crying because you know you'll never get it? it frustrating as fuck."

soojin bit her lower lip,

"i liked junkyu, he liked me too. yet we couldn't be together because of my insecurities! and now... when i'm pretty confident myself, it'll be like this?! well fuck love!"

yuqi's eyes streamed down her face, "why is it so unfair? is this because of what i did to jisung and daehwi? this is too far!" she ranted.

"wha—"

soojin's eyes widened and sent a signal to mark to shut up.  mark immediately understood and took his way to sit beside soojin.

"let's just listen." she whispered, mark nodding.

"it hurts so much."

soojin cleared her voice before saying something. "why do you really like lucas? i understand why you like junkyu because he really gave attention to you but lucas?"

mark opened his phone, pressing on to record yuqi's answer. yuqi first chuckled,

"i don't know too. all i know is i like him! i love everything about him. even if he couldn't spare a glance at me."

she answers, "he's way too out of my league. he's a loyal boy, yeri's so lucky to have him."

mark choked on air, soojin widened her eyes. yuqi then opened her eyes to look at him, she pointed at mark, "yeri's lucky to have you too!"

their mouth fell when yuqi fell to the mattress again, sleeping.

###