#4 - Detention family

Just as you expected, you have earned yourself a detention the next day. Apparently telling your chemistry teacher that her clothes don't exactly look the best on her is rude and inappropriate.

You remember Jungkook and Taehyung's reactions when telling them. Taehyung was surprisingly impressed and just laughed at your humor. Whereas Jungkook, being the so called innocent child he is, was astonished that you said them words.

As you walk into the room you see that 2 other students are already sitting down. You sit in the middle chair in one of the rows.

The teacher at the front clears his throat and stands up.

"Well atleast I'm seeing a new face here instead of the same three faces."

"I know you love us sir." One of the students says, with a smirk on his face.

"No talking!" The teacher yells at him which only makes him more amused.

However you can't help sit and think about what the teacher said. He said atleast he isn't seeing the same three faces.

Three.

When you walked in, there was only two other students. You brush it off and fiddle with your hands as they rest on your table. This is going to be one long hour.

Another student walks in, one hand in their pocket and the other in their hair, raking it back.

Your eyebrows jolt up in surprise when you recognise him.

"You're late again Park Jimin." The teacher sighs and folds his arms looking at him sternly.

"Obviously I'm late. Did you really think I'd come early to detention?" He scoffs.

"Don't use that tone with me or you'll be in here for another hour." The teacher threatens.

Jimin groans before slowly trudging to sit down. When he sees you however, his facial expression changes into a confused one. But it doesn't take long for it to change back into a scowl.

Wow. Someone's on their period.

Jimin sits at the desk on your right, sinking down in his chair slightly and sighing.

After about 15 minutes the teacher stands back up in his seat from sitting down again.

"I'm going to the bathroom. No-one moves." He eyes us all before walking out and closing the door.

It hasn't even been 10 seconds since he walked out, and one of the students turns around in his chair to examine us. His eyes rest on you and his head tilts.

"You're new around here, aren't you?"

Your eyebrows furrow. "How do you know that?"

"This room is practically my second home. Same goes for the rest of us. And you, you are a new face." He swivels around in his chair so his chest is resting against the back of his chair, his arms sitting on the top. "My name's Jaebum. What's yours?"

"Y/N."

"Well Y/N, welcome to the detention family!" He opens his arms out and smiles.

You laugh. "Is that what you call yourselves?"

"No that's what he calls us. It's a shit name I know, but after a while you learn to forget it and his entire existence." The other student says.

"You said the other day you liked it!" Jaebum accuses her.

"And you were dumb enough to believe me." She chuckles, then turns to you. "I'm Jennie. The favourite one out of us."

You here Jimin scoff amusingly from beside you. "Yeah, right."

She snaps her head to him. "Don't make me throw that book at your head again Jimin. Believe me, I'll do it."

Jimin's eyes widen slightly. "Please don't."

"So how did we all end up in here this time? I'll start! I poured orange juice down the back of this kid's neck." Jaebum casually states.

Your mouth gapes open. "You did what?"

"Why the fuck would you do that?" Jennie asks raising her eyebrow.

"He was annoying me! So I did what I needed to do. Besides, who names their kid Bambam?" He laughs.

"Jaebum I have told you a million times already. That is a nickname for his real name which none of us can pronounce!" Jimin groans.

Jaebum shrugs. "What about you Y/N, what did you do?"

"I told my chemistry teacher that her clothes did not suit her at all."

"Oh. That doesn't seem too bad." Jaebum considers.

Jimin leans forward in his chair. "Wait wait wait. You told Miss Choi that she looked shit in her clothes?"

You nod simply.

"Ohhh!" Jaebum once again starts laughing. "She's always bragging about her clothes which definitely are shit, but no-one's ever actually told her that."

"Not bad miss prestige. Not bad at all." Jimin leans back, folding his arms and giving you an impressed look.

"Thanks?"

"Jen, your turn." Jimin then calls over to Jennie.

"I dyed my hair pink."

You tilt your head in confusion and look at Jennie with the same confused face. She notices and can already tell what you're wondering.

"They made me dye it back. I didn't even dye it fully pink, so I don't see what the problem was." She folds her arms. "What about you Jimin?" She asks.

Jimin gives you all mischievous looks, and sits on his desk with one leg up on the desk and one dangling down. He puts his arm on his lifted knee.

"I got into a fight."

You hear the other 2 gasp with you.

"Wow. Park Jimin getting into a fight? That must've been bad." Jaebum shakes his head.

"Is the guy you were fighting with dead?" Jennie asks intrigued.

Jimin chuckles. "No, sadly he's not. Not yet anyways."

"What did he do?" You ask.

He lingers in your eyes before ever so slightly raising a smirk on his lips. He doesn't break eye contact, and you don't have the strength to look away.

"Let's just say, he chose the wrong filter."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So today I finished school because of this stupid coronavirus. I'm probably never going to see some people again as I'm in year 11. I cried and laughed alot.

Today was very emotional for me:(