#16 - Ice cream

It's the thought of having ice cream that draws you downstairs. Any possible idea of cooling yourself down draws you downstairs.

You try not to make any noise to wake the boys up as it's 4am, and tip-toe into the kitchen. The cool surface of the floor tiles makes you shiver but in a good way.

As you turn the light on, you immedietly get the scare of your life. You jump at the sight of Jimin sitting at the kitchen island, with a spoon in one hand and a tub of ice cream in the other.

His eyes squint instantly when the light flickers on and he rubs his eyes.

"Why would you turn the light on?" He whispers.

Realising that it's hurting your eyes aswell, you turn them off. Instead you turn on the little lights on kitchen island itself, which are less bright and creates a calming atmosphere.

He removes his hand from his eyes and nods in approval. "That's better."

You awkwardly walk over to him. "Mind if I join you?"

He shakes his head and you sit down on the stool next to him, grabbing a spoon for yourself and he puts the ben and jerrys chocolate fudge ice cream in the middle of you both.

"So, why are we both up at 4am eating ice cream?" Jimin's hushed voice sounds in your ear as he turns to you.

You shrug. "Can't sleep because you feel like your melting?"

He smiles and nods. "Good answer."

"How long have you been down here?"

He tilts his head thinking. "About 15 minutes I think, so not that long."

You nod and you both sit in silence, spooning the ice cream into your mouths. As it dissolves on your tongue you can sense the tense atmosphere. It feels similar to when you were both in your room a few hours ago, when he decided to run his lips all over you neck. The close proximity of your hot skin next to his isn't helping either.

Jimin rolls his head backwards, rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm sweating so much." He still hasn't got a shirt on, and still remains in his shorts.

You nod in agreement and wipe your forehead with your arm. However you get the feeling that the only reason you are hot is because of the presence of you both together.

Becuase of how close your sitting, how you can hear the hotness of his breath, feel the heat radiating off him which makes you heat up also.

You then think of something. "Jimin, can I ask you a question?"

"Mhmm." He responds as he's in the middle of eating his ice cream.

"Were you in love with Haewon?"

He stops moving and you see his body shift to face you. Sighing, he looks down in his lap.

"I think I was. I'm such an idiot for falling for her in the first place."

"Why?"

"Because she was basically playing with me. She didn't mean anything she said because she was seeing someone else the whole time."

You guess you can relate. Because that's basically what he did to you as well. Yes it wasn't for that long, but the day he created that filter challenge he was still talking to her, and all of them days afterwards.

"It hurts doesn't it?" You glance at him. "Now you know how it feels."

Jimin nods, placing his spoon down and raking his damp hair back with both hands as he's sweating a lot. He then realises what you said.