CHAPTER 2: Rowan

Ugh, another meeting with my dad. I swear, this is the LAST thing I need right now with how busy I am at the moment in making deals with people. However, he said it was important and I know that when he says it's important, it is. So I'm headed over to his office to hear what he needs to talk to me about.

Most people would judge my life and think that I am a monster and that what I do isn't right and so on. But hey, I'm paying my bills with no problem. I don't get my hands dirty unless I have to. I don't have anybody tying me down. I can have any girl I want and whenever I want her. Not to mention, I am feared and well respected around the world.

When you hear my name, people tremble in fear, women fall weak in their knees and I have my friends as part of my crew that I know have my back no matter what and are practically like my brothers.

Besides, my father grew up living what people call the 'honest' life and making an 'honest' living. Spoiler alert, it didn't work and he ended up finding that no matter how hard he worked, he witnessed the law and government in how tainted they all were and corrupted and decided one day to just say 'fuck it!' They are getting away with it so he figured why couldn't he?

I like to think that the only difference between him and the corrupted, was at least he isn't afraid to let others know that. He doesn't hide behind the law or use it as a crutch. In fact, I don't consider my nor I a monster. In my eyes, he's my hero.

I had my right hand guy in the passenger seat next to me here, Anton.

Anton has been my best friend since grade school and has always had my back and grew up in a shitty family who never cared about him. So my dad and I took him in.

While on our way, I noticed he was messaging someone on his phone out the corner of my eye and knew already who it was......his girlfriend, Patsy.

"You texting your old lady?" I ask to be polite.

"Yeah." He says.

"Man, I don't know why you ever decided to have a relationship. She's just going to try and talk you out of this lifestyle, once she finds out about what you really do that is." I mention.

"Don't be hatin'. You'll find someone one day that'll make you feel the same." He winks at me.

"Whatever bro. No girl will ever change me. My father couldn't so trust me, no girl ever will neither."

"Whatever you say." He says. "So what does your dad want to talk to you about?" He asks me.

"I don't know. But we already know though that whenever he says it's important, then it's something big." I remind him.

It doesn't take us too much longer until we pulled up in front of the building his office is in and head inside while his men remained standing guard outside.

"Ah, there you are." My father greets me and points to the chair across from him on the other end of the table. "Have a seat. I'll be quick."

So both Anton and I sit down in the two chairs as my father finishes signing several things then handing them to one of his men standing beside him and looks back at me.

"So what's going on?" I ask.

"I know you won't agree with what I'm about to tell you but do in keep in mind that this is part of a debt that is owed to me and because this person can not physically pay, we have recently agreed on a way to pay off his debt that conveniently, will also help you out as well." He smirks.

"What is that?" I reply feeling a little apprehensive at what he will tell me.

"You are meant to take over the family business soon and along with doing so, there's that little DETAIL you hate so much." He says.

"Oh fuck no. What the hell did you do?!" I asked trying to keep calm and in my head trying to convince myself that it isn't what I think it is.

"His debt will be paid off by him giving me his cousin's daughter and I figured this way, he wins as do you and I. You need somebody to represent our family life and she can help. Not to mention, she is also very beautiful and more your type." He states while he tosses a photo over to me across the desk.

I don't even look at the picture. Instead, I just go off on him.

"We talked about this dad! Besides, there is no way in hell that I will marry someone I not only don't know but also, all because one of YOUR clients that you have some kind of sympathy for that you won't handle business as usual it appears, when somebody doesn't pay you back. This is bullshit and is NOT happening!" I snap at him.

"You do make it a point to remember son, that you don't question me. You knew this day was coming and that you would have to make a decision. But then again, I guess it's hard to remember things like that when you get so caught up in sleeping with whores all the time!" He snaps back at me.

"You can't be serious about this dad!" I continue to fire back.

"This is not negotiable. You WILL do this and you will not question my motives or anything. She will be at your house tomorrow evening and you WILL treat her with respect and make sure she plays along. Besides, don't worry, her father used to be a very good friend of mine before he died. So she has an understanding of this lifestyle already." He finishes then starts to stand up and buttons his coat jacket then leaves.

"I'll stay in touch. I have a few meetings I need to attend right now. But I will contact you later and go over more details. But son, don't you dare disappoint me." He states before walking out the door.

Both me and Anton are sitting there in silence. I swear, I will never be good enough.

My blood is boiling. I can't believe he fucking did this and the fact I have no say in it. Plus, he's the one to talk. Mom fucking slept around until she then overdosed when trying to watch me when I was four years old.

Relationships are a waste and if he thinks I'm changing my ways, he's wrong. And not to mention the fact that he too had women on the side.

I guess the silver lining in all of this is the fact this girl has an idea of this lifestyle.

I next hear Anton whistle.

"Damn. She's hot as fuck!" He exclaims.

I look over and see that he is holding the picture of the girl then hands it to me. I look at her and yeah she's hot, bit also looks like another whore. She's not necessarily my type for at least relationship-wise.

She has long reddish-brown hair and is real skinny with a good fake rack. She looks high maintenance, which really isn't my type but I guess since he's judging on the type of girls I sleep with, then I can see how he thinks she's my type.

This is gonna be fun.......NOT.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

I did this chapter long so you guys can once again, have a little intro and a bit of info on Rowan and this situation. :):) Enjoy!!