CHAPTER 22: Rowan

Melody and I had a great time at the winery and for the next week in a half that we are here we took a ride around Italy and gave her the full romance tour.

I started to feel like things were going great and for the first time ever, I was starting to feel happier than I have genuinely felt ever in my life.

Today we decided to stay in the house to just relax when I got a random call from my dad. So I excused myself and headed out in the backyard.

"Hey." I answered.

"Sorry to bother you son but something has happened and I can't give details about everything right now but you and Melody need to come back home. It has to do with the last shipment you had with your most recent client." He mentions.

"Okay....Well, why can't you tell me?" I asked.

"Because I don't want you getting upset." He mentions.

"Tell me." I start to try and prepare myself for horrible news.

"The guys fucked you over son. They were brave too. Six of your men who met them at the docks to pick up the shipment were instead greeted by the guys men by jumping out from the crates and shooting down your guys then taking the money.

"Are you fucking kidding me?! How the hell could that have happened?!" I asked angrily.

"I don't know but son please, don't let her see you this upset. It could scare her." He advises.

"It was millions I just lost dad. There is no staying calm. Have Marlon and them meet me at the airport in several hours." I tell him then hang up.

I stand there for a moment before I then start punching the wall ignoring the pain and the breaking of my skin as the blood drops stained the wall.

"Baby?" I hear Melody's soft voice come from behind me.

I tried breathing in and out to help calm me down but it only did so much.

"We have to leave. Something happened with a transaction recently that I have to fix." I tell her through clenched teeth.

"Okay." She says. "Is everything going to be alright?"

"When I get back, it will be." I tell her then stomp passed her and start heading upstairs towards the bedroom.

I threw all of our things away and felt very short tempered throughout the entire plane ride and car ride home. I knew it was most likely scaring her but I needed to handle this ASAP and would have to deal with her later.

I know it sounds harsh but this was why I never liked relationships neither because work always comes first and several of my men are dead and I'm out $20 million dollars.

After heading into the house she heads upstairs and unpacks while me and my guys come up with a plan to fix this and seek justice for my men.

After having a brief little meeting on the plan, when we start to walk out to the cars, I look back behind me and notice Melody standing at the end of the stairs looking at me bewildered and scared a little.

So I start to walk up towards her and try to calm her down.

"I have to leave. But I promise I'll be back tomorrow." I tell her.

"Okay." She nods her head and I give her a long and passionate kiss on the lips and start to feel that amazing feeling again. I swear this girl will be the death of me as she seems to be the only thing in this world that can calm me down.

I give her one last smile then leave and for a very brief moment, I start feeling guilty for leaving her and cutting our honeymoon short in the first place.

"Boss?" I heard Marlon tell me. "Ready?" He asks.

"Let's go." I tell him and he starts taking off.

~~~~~~
Luckily my dad had information on them and told me they were back at their boss' private cabin in Montana and was going to be there for a few weeks. He'd have just the few of his men and would be easier for us to seek revenge.

When we arrived, my men and I dispersed and surrounded the cabin where all the guys involved in the killing and stealing were inside while a couple of his other men were standing outside guarding the place.

We took care of those guys and then all guns from both sides were firing for awhile until all his men, including himself were dead. My men of course were okay and I was able to get my money back. Every last cent.

I should be feeling real happy for seeking revenge and for getting all the money back but all I can think about is what I just did to Melody. I feel like I set our progress back a little bit and feel guilty.

I seriously need to work on my temper and not put her through that again. I mean, I'm turning into my father and how he always yelled at my mom.

Tonight we stayed at a nice hotel not too far away from the airport so we could wake up early enough and head back home where I can start to make it up to Melody and apologize.

I have been trying to get a hold of her since I got to this hotel but it's late so I guess she is already sleeping since she isn't answering or she is hurt. So I charge my phone and fall asleep.

Something needs to change here......I think it's mostly, I need to change.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)