CHAPTER 27: Melody

Despite being embarrassed for that brief moment we were interrupted by Marlon coming in as we scrambled to put our clothes on, I couldn't help but have his words about someone being here and they know who killed my father, echo in my head.

So once we finished getting ready, we walked out hand-in-hand and stopped right in our tracks the moment we saw standing near the front door, Anton.

"What the fuck is he doing here?!" Rowan asks squeezing my hand.

"I know what you're thinking, but hear him out." Marlon tells us.

"You've got five minutes." Rowan tells him through clenched teeth.

"First of all, I'm sorry for how shit went down." He began to apologize, then looked with sympathy over at me. "Especially with you. I never should have done that." He started.

"Get to the part about her dad." Rowan immediately interrupted him.

"Right. Sorry. So the day your dad came to town..." He says while looking at me. "I was riding around and saw your father walk inside the hotel room with him." He mentions as he looks at me now before continuing.

"Just by the way his demeanor was while walking out to his car moments later and the grin on his face, the one he always has when he finishes killing somebody and takes pride in it. I knew what he had done." He finishes.

I was lost for words. In fact, I don't even think I was believing what all I was hearing. Right away I began feeling my chest start to tighten, along with a feeling of being nauseous as if I was getting close to passing out. Thankfully, I started to hear Rowan say my name and snap me out of it. At first I looked at him then at Anton. 

"Baby?" I hear Rowan say to me. 

"Yeah?" I looked at him again. 

"Let's discuss things in the office." Rowan suggested. 

"Alright." I nodded my head in agreement. 

Marlon, Rowan, Anton, Bolton and I now sitting around in the office and we began talking more. 

"I want to mention that the big reason I had gone to see your father..." Anton started again looking at me. "Was because I wanted to warn him. You see after leaving here and realizing my mistake, I wanted to make things right again with my girlfriend, Patsy, at the time in what all I did. But your dad....." He stopped himself to fight back some tears before looking at Rowan and finishing. "Several of your father's guys found her and they raped her before shooting her in the head." He struggles to finish up. 

The room went dead silent. We all seemed to be at a loss for words at the moment. Despite what he did with me while drunk, it's terrible to hear what happened to his girlfriend, who I didn't even know he had had one. Finally, after several moments of us all sharing an awkward moment of silence, Rowan said something.

"I'm sorry about your girl." Rowan says but not in an annoyed and frustrated tone but more of a sympathetic tone. 

"Look..." Anton began with a sniffle. "I'm sorry for everything and I don't even know if you believe me or not about your dad, Rowan, but I just thought I would tell you what he has been up to lately and...." Anton tried continuing until we suddenly hear a loud booming noise of what sounded like the front door being busted down and we started to right away hearing grunts and groans along with things breaking. 

Everybody except for me of course, only because I didn't have one, pulled out their guns and began to cautiously head towards the door and Rowan turned real fast and told me to hide in the closet and to make sure not to make a sound or come out no matter what. 

I didn't even have any time to respond or anything to him as we next heard gunfire and the office door burst open with none other than Rowan's father's guys and they immediately knocked the guns out of Rowan's guys' hands and knocked them out then his father walked in with a sinister looking grin. 

"Is this a bad time son?!" His dad asks. 

Rowan immediately pushed me behind him and I stood behind him while peeking a little over his shoulder at his father whose men were all pointing their guns at Rowan as Rowan had his gun pointed at his father. 

"I should have known it was you." Rowan says then looks at Anton as one of his dad's guys was holding and looked to have been punched really hard. "You're dead." 

"I swear, I didn't know he...." Anton tried explaining but Rowan's father stopped him. 

"This is all very nice and a good little reunion here but there is no time for that. Right now I'm going to need to borrow your wife." Rowan's dad smirks at me. 

"No fucking way." Rowan says. 

"I wasn't asking." His dad says. 

What was happening right now?! I thought the only thing he needed from me all along was to marry his son and help make him look good. What the hell is going on?! I am so lost and confused right now. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)