CHAPTER 13: Melody

Well, yesterday was weird. One moment I was telling him that I wasn't going to speak with him or even look at him after the party last night but then I don't know.

I felt hurt and a bit upset as we pulled up to the party and told him how I felt but then there was a brief moment through it all that I stopped and realized I had just kissed him. Sure it was because the priest told us to and people were watching but I guess I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to trust any of this. It wasn't real.

I swear, after that kiss something had changed within the both of us. All throughout the entire party we were introducing each other as Mr. and Mrs. and it felt natural almost. Nothing weird at all as I had thought.

He was different than usual and I even felt convinced by the end of the night that we were together. I mean, throughout the entire party he never hit on or even looked at another woman there.

Though the biggest difference I noticed between the both of us started as soon as we began to dance together in the middle of the ballroom and the surprised out-of-the-blue kiss he gave me then and there, for the first time, in front of everyone, and it felt like we both had truly enjoyed it. That was the kiss that made me rethink a few things.

That's what I thought at least. Reality soon returned once we came back to the house.

The moment we walked inside, that little hope I had seemed to build from the party to here based upon that one kiss, all of that disappeared when we stepped inside.

I wanted to ask him about that look and that kiss but we were immediately interrupted as his cell phone went off and he answered it.

He ended up being in his office for a few hours and I grew tired quickly and headed off to bed and decided I would ask him later about it.

*******************
The Next Day

Today was the first official day of us being married and although there was no honeymoon and we didn't sleep in the same bed together, it still felt a little bit real. Besides the interruption we had encountered last night.

After I got dressed and ate some breakfast, while I was cleaning my dishes, I saw him come walking into the kitchen with a scowl.

"Good morning." I tried to still be polite.

"What's so good about it?" He asks.

What is wrong with him? Why is he being a dick?!? Maybe last night was for show. Why would I even think otherwise? Stupid me!

"I guess nothing." I replied irritated and yet trying to hide the hurt I felt at the same time while storming off.

"What's your problem?!" He snaps while taking a drink from his coffee mug. 

"Seriously? Do you even remember what happened yesterday?" I asked with my arms crossed over my chest as I stood a few feet away from him waiting for him to answer me. 

"Yeah, we got married and FINALLY got it over with." He rolled his eyes. 

Why the hell is he acting like this?! I mean, seriously?! Why am I allowing him to get to me like this? It's not even his fault I keep assuming is kindness is sincere. How could I have been dumb enough to have ever believed that ANY part of last night was real? How could I have ever allowed myself to become like this?!

"But..." I started but he stopped me. 

"Look, I was talking to my father last night and he wants me to join him on a business trip that'll have me gone for the weekend. It's Thursday now and I'll return late on Sunday. We can talk about it then." He tells me with finality. 

I guess that was my answer. In fact, it made things easier and also made me a little happy he was leaving. I could use some fresh air if you will. He didn't even tell me 'goodbye' before he left or maybe what he told me in the kitchen was him telling me 'goodbye'. 

I had spent most of the time up in my room when I noticed a familiarized phone number appear on my phone as it went off.......My dad?

Should I answer it? Right now isn't the best of times to talk with him although I have been doing some thinking and especially last night that I have wanted to talk with him.  Should I even tell him I miss him even if it's just a little bit? For the time that I have been here I've been thinking about him and I guess in a way, I'm not as mad anymore as I was before. Plus, he is the only family I have left, after all.

"Hello?" I answered nervously.

"Oh thank god." I hear him let out a sigh of relief.

There was an awkward moment of silence before either one of us said anything. I realized as we talked more, just how much I have missed him and how much I love him.

We cried, laughed, caught up with one another, we both apologized and when he asked about the wedding had gone I told him it was fine but that I really had wished he was the one who walked me down that short aisle-fake wedding or not. 

After we got off the phone, I felt better than I thought I would and he had explained to me the situation and everything and I forgave him for trying to make things better my whole life. I mean don't get me wrong or anything, I still don't like what he did with me but I could tell in his voice the entire time we were talking and how much he apologized that I could tell in how sorry he was. Hopefully this is the first sign to things looking up more. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)