CHAPTER 11: Melody

Why do I feel so hurt and affected as if he was caught cheating? Maybe I shouldn't have assumed that he would try harder to meet me halfway in us making this all legit but then again aren't all Mafia boss' this way? They have a wife but women on the side? My god, just saying that makes me feel sick to my stomach. It sounds so fucked up.

Not to mention the fact we both said no more of this game. Guess he lied. SHOCKER!

Last night I thought we could have fun together but for some reason kept his distance and instead drank a lot instead of asking me to dance or talk with me.

I had actually believed we made progress earlier with the sandwiches and all but I guess that was part of my assumption in an attempt in trying to make peace. But now I see there's nothing like that that would ever happen with us.

I would love to forget last night ever happened really. Except that when Anton and I were talking, he mostly told me about Rowan and how he wasn't such a bad guy but that seemed to be a lie after that girl at the club was grinding up against him and his hands roamed all over her body.

I swear, I can't wait for this all to be over with and in just a few more days we will be married, convince who we need to, live in separate bedrooms and then soon hopefully divorce and go our separate ways.

Throughout most of today I had been avoiding him as he has with me too and then as I finished up with the designer of my dress with the final fitting, right after the guy left, I saw Marlon come walking out of the guest bedroom wearing sweats without a shirt and messy gelled hair while rubbing his eyes.

"Oh, good morning." He tells me.

"It's the afternoon." I chuckled.

"Oh, well, then good afternoon." He smiles and heads to the fridge to grab an energy drink along with a burrito from last night he didn't finish.

After reheating it, he sat down across the table from me to eat and began to drink the energy drink also.

I tried to not pay attention but I noticed looking up every so often he was looking at me. I felt a little bit uncomfortable but didn't want to be rude.

"So you and my cousin huh?" He asks.

"Yeah." I replied.

"You know, I personally don't mind girls with meat on them." He mentions.

"Yeah." I replied while ignoring the random comment.

I began to feel a bit more uncomfortable and decided to finish looking up hairstyles for the wedding upstairs in my room.

Right as I finish collecting my laptop and everything, he reaches over to touch my wrist.

"You know, I'm good at keeping secrets." He grins.

I knew exactly what he meant by that and immediately felt as though I needed to wash my wrists immediately but was quickly shocked and scared after I turned to start walking towards the stairs and I saw Rowan standing there scowling at me but mostly his cousin then back at me again.

I didn't feel like dealing with his bullshit right now so I walked passed him and headed upstairs into my room where of course, Rowan followed me into, slamming the door behind him.

"What the fuck?!" I turned to look at him.

"Do you mind telling me what the hell that all was about?!" He snaps at me.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"You heard me. You trying to make me jealous or something or just want to fuck my cousin!" He says.

"Hey, fuck you! I'm not the whore in this house!" I fire back at him. "And you have NO fucking right to get upset or jealous so DON'T you dare play that damn card with me!"

The next thing I know is he walks up to me, pushes me up against the wall near the window with my arms pinned down.

"Now you listen to me and you listen good! I don't give a shit anymore in what you think about me or even who you want to sleep with because guess what? I could care less! You mean NOTHING to me! Never will! So let's just get this bullshit over with in a few days, pretend we love each other to put on a good show, get divorced when this is all over and never have to worry about seeing each other again!" He snaps at me.

"That's fine by me, Mr.-can't-make-up-his-damn-mind, because as far as I personally am concerned, I could never love you either for real! A monster such as yourself doesn't deserve love! Not when you treat people INCLUDING girls the way you do! So go ahead and act all high and above everybody, but let me remind you, you will never be anything more than a lowlife, egotistical, womanizing, selfish, dumb little boy trying to be a man who will die alone! I may not be your 'ideal' wife, but just remember, YOU pushed ME away!" I shouted back and stood there for a moment feeling a mix of emotions. From happy and liberated for finally standing up for myself more, to hurt & upset that he STILL can't see what all could be! Not to mention also confusion a little about my little ranting that just happened there.

Sure this may not be real but if he would just stop being so damn hypocritical and put some effort into this fake relationship as he expects me too, things wouldn't be AS bad really.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)