CHAPTER 3: Melody

I thought about who could be at the door and before opening it up, I asked who it was.

"I'm an old friend of your father's. The name's Vince Bianchi." The man says.

I then call out for my dad and he comes walking out from the bedroom and stops at the entrance of the hallway.

"Yes Sweetie?" He asks.

"There's a man here to see you. He says he's an old friend named Vince Bianchi?" I tell him.

The look on his face as soon as I told him in who it was, I had never seen him make before. He was terrified and seemed to look to be turning pale.

"Oh." He says.

"Dad?" I asked him worried.

"Sorry, sweetie, let him in." He forces a little smile.

Against my better judgement, I open it up and standing there was a smirking gentleman nicely dressed and had slicked back hair with an overall look as if he was a mob boss or something.

"Good evening." He smiles at me.

"Good evening." I replied just so I wasn't rude.

"May I please come in?" He asks.

"Um, sure." I reply and open the door a little more as I hold it opened so he can step inside and a few people that had come with him stood outside facing the street while a couple of other guys that came with him also came inside.

"Melody, please get these men something to drink." My dad tells me as he still doesn't break eye contact with this Vince man.

"Hello Benton." Vince grins at my dad in a way that is a little unnerving to me to be honest.

"Should we talk in my office?" My dad suggests.

"No, that's okay. I don't plan to be here long. I just simply came to collect." Vince grins.

"Please, can we talk..." My dad began to beg it sounded like and I for one wasn't liking this so called 'old friend' of my dad's making my dad feel uncomfortable.

"We had a deal. It was non-negotiable." Vince says.

"Dad? What's going on?" I ask him.

He takes a moment before finally breaking eye contact with Vince and I noticed tears form in his eyes once he looked at me along with a look of guilt.

"I'm so sorry. Please forgive me." He struggles to say while choking back on some tears.

"Why are you looking at her?" Vince asks my dad and then has a sudden look of realization of something and then grabs the bridge of his nose and shakes his head while chuckling.

"Please...." My dad starts to tell Vince.

"I can't believe you tricked me. So SHE's taking the others place?" Vince asks my dad.

Oh my god this is frustrating! What the hell is going on?!

"Go grab your things." Vince tells me.

I glare at him as if he has some nerve to tell me what to do.

"Excuse me?" I scowled at him.

"You heard me." He states firmly.

"Sweetie, go pack some things. I'll explain everything." My dad mentions.

"No, I'm not doing anything until you tell me what the hell is going on?!" I exclaimed with my arms crossed over my chest.

"Oh do let me tell her since you OBVIOUSLY couldn't before." Vince smirks at my dad before looking back at me. "You see, your father and I have made a deal, years ago. He borrowed some money from me and since he can not repay me, it seems as though your father here thought he could just use you as a pay off and I in return would have you marry my son. Which I plan to have that still happen."

"What?" I say out loud under my breath.

"Well he was supposed to give me your cousin but apparently she wasn't available, so I agreed to take you instead." He smirks at me.

This couldn't be happening right now. There was no way my dad would really sell me to somebody who then wants me to marry their son? I'm not a whore.

"I'm not leaving." I say.

I next heard Vince take in a deep breath and let it out in frustration.

"Listen sweetheart, you don't have a choice. When somebody owes me a debt, I ALWAYS collect one way or another." He grins.

"And what if I refuse?" I asked.

"Then you can tell your father goodbye and I kill him and you still marry my son. Either way, I will get what I want, I always do." He states.

I scowl at him a little bit longer and then look at my father. I don't know what to even think at the moment right now. Did I really just get sold to somebody who also plans to force me in marrying his son too?! I feel hurt and betrayed. My own father selling me off.

Before I even shed a single tear, I feel myself begin to go numb once again and break down. This has to be a dream right? The only family I have left, or THOUGHT I had left until I was just told I had a cousin I didn't even know I had. I can't believe he sold me. Who does that?!

My world came crashing down once again and now here comes the worse pain I have felt in a very long time.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)