CHAPTER 12: Rowan

The day finally had come when it was our wedding. There were only a few of us, to be honest, that would be here at the ceremony and everybody else, including my dad would be at the after party.

The past few days have been stressful and especially after the other day when I caught her and my cousin touching each other, I just nearly lost it. Sure it was just what most would consider as a 'friendly' gesture but if there's one thing I don't like about him is that he always took away my girls.

Anton explained to me that I had been overreacting and needed to apologize to her and after a few hours of thinking, that same night, I realized he was right and I swallowed my pride and tried to talk with her but she wanted nothing to do with me, so today will be the first day since the other day when we last argued, that I've seen her.

I was standing with the priest and waiting for her to come walking through the door while Anton, my cousin and a few others close to me were here to witness the ceremony.

Then the double doors opened and she began walking down the small aisle with a bouquet of flowers and a smile that hid the sadness in her eyes. It was in that moment that I had felt my heart break more than it has already for her and this situation.

How does she have this affect on me? I seriously haven't slept with a girl since she called me out about it days later, after she moved in and now looking at her walking towards me, holding up her end of the bargain. I begin to feel like what all she called me that day, she was right. I was a monster. I didn't deserve love. I didn't deserve her and she didn't deserve any of this.

"Rowan?" I heard the Priest say a couple of times and I shook my head bringing me back to the moment.

"Sorry, what?" I asked him.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Yeah, of course." I tell him.

The priest begins his speech then has us read these vowels to him as we place the rings on one another's ring fingers then he announces to 'kiss the bride'.

We both look at each other and then remember that there are people watching. So I go all out and hold her face then lean in to kiss her.

The moment our lips touched, I felt something I had never felt before. I never wanted to stop kissing her and my heart started racing.

Then we pulled our heads apart and in that moment of us looking into each other's eyes it felt as though we both felt the same thing and were taken back.

Next I took her hand in mine and looked at everyone there who cheered and clapped for us and I can't lie, it was a good feeling.

We next got into the limo I rented to take us to the after party my father had rented out at a big event type of building to fit everybody and while in the car, it seemed like the moment we got out of everybody's sight, our smiles faded.

We began to have an awkward moment and when we pulled up in front of the place, my heart sank even more as she stopped me from saying anything.

"Look, Melody...." I began.

"Don't worry. When we're in front of people I will keep smiling and be the doting perfect little wife. But when we aren't around others, I don't have to speak to you or look at you. So let's just get this over with." She says while hiding back sadness I could tell.

I just nodded in reply now being the one that feels hurt but I guess I brought it on myself.

After we got out and started walking up the driveway into the place where everybody who were at the ceremony and who are here waiting, all greeted us with smiles, hugs, congrats and envelopes of money-it was tradition to do all of that.

Throughout the night I have to admit that it wasn't so bad us being like a couple. In fact, I kind of enjoyed it and it seemed like by the end of the night, she was starting to truly enjoy herself and feel better.

It was like, by the end of the night, her and I seemed to have gotten caught up in being married to each other that it almost felt like the real deal.

Especially when we had our dance. That moment dancing with her made everyone else disappear. Then I did something I wasn't sure in how she'd react to but she surprised me......I kissed her and she didn't slap me or pull away.

Who knows, I mean, it's possible I could get used to all of this.

After the party was over, we were hit with reality only things weren't going to end the way they had started. Things seemed to be ending tonight in a different way-on a lighter and much better note. I even felt bad for not having a honeymoon planned.

How did this happen? I thought we weren't going to talk with each other after we had left? Not that I'm complaining of course. Why is this girl so different from the rest?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)