EPILOGUE: 8 Years Later.....

MELODY

It's been nearly eight years since I had met Rowan and married him. It also was the same year I lost my father of course and when Rowan's father tried to kill us.

Never did I think in a million years I would have ever experienced anything like that and I especially never saw it coming when I heard Rowan was going to take a deal with the FBI agents and confess to a lot of things and help take many others down, including his father as soon as he recovered fully and was released from the hospital before going to prison for life.

Everybody thought Rowan beat his father literally to death but, he just had injured him badly and caused his father to having to have jaw surgery after Rowans fists helped dislocate his father's jaw.

I was terrified when I heard what Rowan was doing and knew that after he finished it, it would mean he'd go to prison for a short while, then once released he'd have to relocate himself to somewhere nobody would ever find him along with changing his entire identity in the process.

I felt hurt and sick even when I heard the news because no matter what, I knew I would never see him again. I mean, even if he got away and started over again, he never would fully be able to live any kind of a life at all.

You see, if you do what he was thinking of doing then, he would be whacked because you can't betray your family, particularly in the mafia. There was no such thing.

Sure there are stories of very few lucky ones being able to die of old age and were able to start all over again but we all knew he was different and wouldn't be like those few.

After a couple of agents had questioned me about several things, the moment I had walked out of one of the small plain-Jane rooms, I looked up and saw Rowan walking out the room they had questioned him in and my heart dropped to the bottom of my stomach.

Immediately I was thrown off and taken back when I noticed him smile at me with relief in his eyes.

We next walked up towards one another and wrapped our arms around each other real tightly before starting to kiss and then he told me. He told me that Anton confessed to many things and even covered for Rowan along with giving the agents all they needed to know to take others down that they have been trying to take down for years.

I was shocked and surprised to say the least. The agents ended up still giving Rowan a deal in that instead of serving life in prison, he would only have to serve five years and only three if he behaved himself.

The agent explained that as Rowan began talking, before he could say anything, another agent had seemed to burst in through their room to tell the agent questioning him that Anton confessed to many things and that a statement would not be needed. So that also meant, nobody would ever have to know that Rowan was about to snitch or any of that. Which is how he survived in prison at the time.

Anton wasn't so lucky as everybody knew that he snitched and ended up being killed in his cell one night. Rowan's father ended up having a heart attack in prison a couple years after being there and died right away.

It was nice also because Marlon and several others of his friends struck a deal as well and Marlon along with Bolton have joined us on this new life.

Rowan had promised me also that when he got out, our lives would change and I have to say that after all these years, ever since the moment he was released from prison, we have been living in actual peace and he has lived up to his promise.

The both of us started anew somewhere and I even changed my name as well. Things seem perfect (though not trying to jinx it).

We had ourselves a real wedding a few months after he had gotten out, had a real honeymoon and right now, we have three year old twins-a boy and a girl who we absolutely just love to death. 

There's a part of us that will be paranoid of being found and all but, at the end of the day, I have a feeling we are safe and it's nice to have Marlon as well as Bolton here with us as our neighbors with different names also. 

Rowan today was hoping to get a loan from the bank to open his own business along with Marlon and Bolton being his partners and since they have been doing honest work, And were looking to get this loan. So both me and our twins were at the house waiting for the guys to come back and say if rather or not they got it. 

I was a little worried and was playing a game with our kids when I noticed Rowan pulling into the driveway. I got up and told the kids their daddy was home which always made them excited and they beat me quickly to the door and I opened it up right when Rowan came walking up the walk way. I could tell that by the look on his face and with his head facing to the ground he didn't get it. 

"Hey." He says greeting me without a smile and gives me a little kiss on the lips then knelt down to the kids and wrapped his arms around them and held them tightly close to him and gave them kisses. 

"So?" I ask hesitantly. 

He lets out a breath before standing up and telling me. 

"I got it." He smiles real big and excited now. 

"You jerk!" I slapped him on the chest. "You had me thinking you didn't." I tell him. 

"I know, I'm sorry, I couldn't resist." He laughs. 

"Hey don't hit daddy!" Our son said. 

"It's okay guys, I deserved it for making your mom worry." He winks at them. 

I next wrapped my arms around him and we began kissing each other and it quickly turned into a brief make out session until the kids were grossed out.

We each pick up a kid and walk towards the living room where the kids and I were playing at and he started chasing the kids. 

Don't mean nor want to jinx anything but I feel great that I met Rowan and became the, shall I say now, EX -  Mafia King's CURVY Princess forever. 

                                                                           The End