CHAPTER 19: Melody

This was all beyond amazing and I was literally speechless. I couldn't believe I was here in Italy. The best part of the house to me was when we were out on the balcony looking out at the backyard and the swimming pool down below but the vineyard was like a postcard. 

When we got back inside after the house tour ended, he told me he wanted to take me somewhere special for dinner and after grabbing our bags, we both headed upstairs towards the bedroom and after he sets down my bag, he next starts walking out the door. 

"Oh, we aren't sharing bedrooms?" I asked. 

"Well, I wasn't sure if you'd be comfortable with that yet." He tells me. 

I felt that was really sweet of him but I wanted everything that would make sense for a married couple to do-including sharing a bedroom. 

"I want you and I to start living like couples do." I tell him. 

He begins to smile at me then sets his bag down onto the bed and places his hand under my chin to lift my head up to look at him as he leans down and starts giving me a kiss. 

"I would love that." He smiles. 

We both stand there for a moment and then I push him back a little bit and then before things go further, my stupid stomach starts to growl.  I swear, what's the deal with it growling always the loudest whenever things are the most quiet?! I felt embarrassed. 

"Damnit." I say under my breath in hopes he didn't hear either but he did. 

"It's alright baby. We have time for the other things. But we need our strength also." He winks at me with that sexy smile of his. 

"Okay." I pout in disappointment which has him give me another kiss and then we start getting ready to start heading out to eat. 

I purposely decided to torture him a little bit with choosing what I like to think of as classy, sexy, compliments my curves just right but also, can test him a little bit in self-control. 

Right away I knew it worked out because after putting my hair up in a tight ponytail with a little bump on top as well as my earrings, mascara, eyeliner along with lip gloss that was perfect and the look on his face the moment I walked downstairs as he waited for me downstairs was priceless and the EXACT response I was looking for. In fact, I could tell he was trying to hide how 'excited' he was. 

"Wow." He says and clears his throat. "You look....amazingly beautiful." He says. 

"Thank you. You look great yourself." I reply. 

"Damn, it's going to be hard to keep my cool when the men here all look at you." He tells me. 

"Well then I guess you should make sure they know that I'm yours then." I lean in and tell him. 

I could tell he was turned on even more by me saying that and winking back at him this time. 

"Oh I will, my Wife." He says. 

"Good thing, Hubby." I reply then give him a kiss on the lips before we started walking out and he began driving us towards a nice cozy little restaurant that was a few miles down the way from our place and I loved the atmosphere. 

When we arrived, I couldn't help but admire the scenery of the landscapes surrounding it. It was better than any postcard and made you feel at home. Everybody here were very nice and welcoming. The atmosphere and from what I can smell from the restaurant of delicious authentic Italian food. Everywhere you turn you can sense the tasty focus on food, wine, and culture that helps you live it and I couldn't wait to not only eat here but to also explore this place in the next couple of weeks. 

While walking through the restaurant to our table, I noticed several times Rowan kept pulling me closer to him with his hand around my waist and I knew it was because I was being looked at which I haven't been looked at as much as I have been since we got out of the car. 

After we are seated and have ordered, I noticed while waiting, the owner walks over to us and of course, happens to know Rowan. 

"Matteo!" Rowan greets him as he stands and they shake each other's hands and go in for a bro hug. 

"Rowan. It's good to see you. And who is this?" He asks as he looks over at me and lifts my hand and places a kiss on the back of it. 

"This is my wife, Melody." He introduces me as his wife and I feel the same way I did the first night he did at our wedding ceremony only this time, it's more for real. 

"You? Married?" He looked at Rowan with a cocked eyebrow in disbelief. 

"Alright alright." Rowan tells him. 

The waiter then brings over a bottle of wine and Matteo told us to have a good night and then left while the waiter then began to pour us some wine and after he set the bottle down, Rowan and I toasted to each other to a new beginning and began to drink our wine. 

It was delicious. I'm not much of a wine person so I don't know how to do all the fancy things people do before they drink it but this one seems a little more on a sweeter side which I do prefer. 

"Mmm..." I began. 

"You like it?" Rowan asks me. 

"I do. It's delicious." I tell him. 

"I'm glad you like it." He smiles before taking another drink. 

As I set down my glass of wine, I noticed out the corner of my eye the name on the wine bottle. At first it was the nice font but then I looked a little closer and noticed it was his name on the bottle. Holy shit! He makes wine?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)