CHAPTER 30: Rowan

Slowly we begin opening up the door and inch our ways out of the structure and take a look around us to make sure that it's safe with every step we take. 

I have no idea in what has happened to Melody and if rather or not she's okay but I have hope that she is okay and it's not too late. 

We slowly make our way closer towards the house and notice there are several dead bodies scattered all over the place along with several cars that looked to be like they belonged to the FBI or something.  And the moment I start to take another step closer towards the house, I start to hear some unknown male voice begin talking to who I assume was my father and as soon as Marlon and the rest of us, turned the corner and walked into the house, I was surprised at what I saw. 

Sure enough it was several FBI agents all with guns pointed at my father and a few of his men that are left standing who also has a tight grip on Melody's arm also with a gun to the side of her head as she looks terrified. 

Suddenly, I notice the agents along with my father and his men all turn and start looking at me, Marlon and then others with me. That's when some agents turn to point their guns at me and my men. 

"Good of you all to join us, son." My father greets us with blood coming down a little bit from the corner of his mouth. 

"Drop your weapons!" A couple of the agents tell me and the guys. 

We follow through with what they say and hold up our hands as the couple of agents begin walking towards us cautiously with their guns still pointed at us and then what happened next, I can't explain it. All I saw in just a few seconds of time was Melody trying to struggle to break free from his grasp and somehow surprises him by slapping him then without hesitation, he retaliates and immediately punches her nearly knocking her down onto the floor and in that split second, all I could see was red. 

Then without caring about what would happen from here on out more than ever, I instantly pushed myself past the agents near me, Marlon and the rest of us and charged as fast as I could towards my father, knocking him down real hard onto the floor and sat over his chest right away beating him in the face non stop. 

"I SWEAR TO GOD I'M GOING TO KILL YOU! I WARNED YOU BEFORE NEVER TO TOUCH HER!" I yelled at my father, not letting up and wasn't feeling anybody pulling me off of him. 

However, apparently I had seemed to tune out everyone as my father's men were taken down onto the ground hard being arrested by the agents (as I noticed it happening after taking a quick look) then felt myself being yanked hard off of my father and hearing the agents all yell at me as they take me hard to the ground as well, slapping cuffs onto me after forcing my hands behind my back. 

While on the ground, all I could do was look at Melody who was crying as she next tried to struggle her way out free from the agent holding her back from coming over to me at the moment. 

In this moment right now, it seems as though everything becomes more clear than anything else has ever been in my life and what I have done to the only woman I truly ever loved. Next I feel myself being picked up off the floor and being taken out to the few cars along with my father's men along with of course Anton, Marlon and after getting putting in the backseat of one of the cars, I look out the window and see a sobbing Melody still being held by the agent but in the front doorway looking at me. 

'I love you.' I mouth to her as she does the same back to me right before we start to take off and I notice an ambulance pull right up to I'm sure take my father to the hospital. 

                                                                              <<<<<>>>>>

The drive all the way towards the building these agents were taking us to first before putting us away in prison or anything, felt like it took forever. But once there, we all were separated from one another and each taken into a room to be questioned. 

All of us has been questioned before but this time was going to be different. During the drive over here, I was going to do one of the biggest things you SHOULDN'T do in this business and that is not only dangerous but also unforgettable. 

"Alright Rowan, now's your chance to help not just yourself but your wife." A detective came inside and sat down across from me as I sat in a chair with my hands still behind my back with the dried up blood on my hands from my dad. 

"I know what I have to do." I started nodding my head knowing exactly what was about to happen. 

The detective looks up at me surprised and then after coming out from shock, he nods his head and starts preparing his notebook and pen for writing. 

"Okay then, tell me all that you know." He tells me. 

I take in a deep breath and let it out before I begin telling him everything they want to know from my father to many many other bosses that they have been wanting to take down for a very long time. 

Despite the consequences of doing this, it would be far worse to ruin the rest of Melody's life. I will miss her and love her until the day I die. Rather she agrees with what I'm about to do right now or not. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)