CHAPTER 6: Rowan

I can't believe she is acting like a baby right now. Then to make matters worse, she is ruining my good day.

I had finally been able to convince my dad to let us have a small wedding and make it more of a 'private' gathering and he just needed pictures and proof of is getting married.

Then THIS shit happens as soon as I get back to the house.

While she's in the bathroom, I look over at a couple of my guys who are still standing in the doorway in shock.

"Go and grab her and I something to eat. I'm gonna make her eat rather she likes it or not." I tell them.

"Alright boss but, what does she like?" They ask.

Shit! The fuck if I know.

"Just get random things!" I tell them.

After they leave, I sit on the bed as soon as I hear the water for the shower go on and I'm so frustrated right now.

"Rowan, don't you think you should let up a little?" Anton asks.

"Me? Let up on her? Are you serious?! She's the one acting like a child." I tell him.

"Well aren't you too?! You busted down her damn door." He chuckles a little.

I look over at the door on the ground then shake my head in disappointment in myself for doing that.

"I never wanted this." I tell him.

"Maybe not, but really, what is so bad about her? I mean sure she isn't the usual types you're with most of the time, but really bro?" He mentions.

"I don't care about the way she looks. I mean, I think she looks great the way she is but she's so fucking innocent and her dad gave her to someone as payment. And I know I'm an asshole but I'm not THAT much of a dick." I tell him.

"I know man. But you've got to also remember that she has been taken away from her father because of his own dealings. And it seems she's a bit insecure. Now, I know this marriage thing isn't real but you could at least TRY to be more understanding and not so quick to lose your temper." He states.

I seriously hate it when he's right. And he for sure is in this situation too.

Moments later right after the guys brought us something to eat and some drinks, I had them leave and also heard the water turn off.

So while setting some food and everything up on the dresser, I next heard the door open and out she came.

"Why are you still in here?" She asks.

I turn around to look at her and although she was in a top and jeans, her towel dried hair touching her shoulders just left me breathless for a moment. But then I cleared my throat.

"I know you're hungry and I'm not leaving here until you eat something. Not knowing what you like, I had my guys grab a little bit of everything." I tell her.

"I told you...." She starts but I stop her.

"Yeah well, I told you I was going to make you eat." I replied.

I could tell by her look she was hungry at the way she eyed the food and also could tell she was feeling both frustrated but yet, also appreciative.

"You didn't have to do that." She mentions while walking over towards the bed as we both sit down across from each other and I bring over all of the food and lay it in the middle.

"Yes I did." I tell her.

She looks for a moment and then grabs a bag of burger and seasoned fries as well as a salad and begins to eat.

I can tell she is self-conscious eating in front of people by how small her bites are.

"You know, you don't have to be thin to be attractive." I tell her while I take a bite.

"Yeah, okay." She says.

"You really don't. Honestly, a real man cares about how a woman carries herself and the amount of confidence she has. Besides, just because you're big doesn't mean you aren't healthy just like being thin doesn't mean you are neither. No matter what you weigh or look like for that matter, you have to love yourself."

Why am I even mentioning any of this? Do I even know what I'm talking about? Yes, yes I do. That's how I see it at least. No matter what size or what you look like, we all have our types we are attracted to. I though love when a woman can handle herself and to be honest, I know she has it inside of her.

"Thanks. I guess." She replies.

We sit there for several more moments eating and not talking a whole lot. Then after we finish, I gather the trash and throw it away in the bags they all came in.

"You full?" I ask her.

"Yes." She nods. "You know, despite how we feel about this situation, I promise that I won't make you look bad and I will try really hard to make people believe we are a couple." I hear her say.

For some reason that made my heart sink to my stomach. Why am I suddenly feeling bad about all of this? Next I turn around to look at her and right before I say anything else, we hear a knock on the wall outside her bedroom by where the door should be and see Anton.

"Sorry to interrupt but the guys are here to fix her bedroom door and there are a couple of men downstairs for the meeting." He reminds me.

Shit! I almost forgot all about the meeting. I guess we'll have to finish this conversation later tonight or something. So I gather the trash and start to leave.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)