12• |Becoming his family|

Dedicated to dikshanaik572 NikitaGupta838 Aahna_sharma Nivirajendran93 palak2508 R_kaura12 mansi0809 AmeliaFernandes5 SrishtiSharma9 ashuban shivallisahai Anjii5 purnima17 for commenting on the previous chapters

Hugs🤗 and kisses😘 to the ones who voted as well.

----×----

9 weeks before the wedding
Nandini's diary entry:

It's been a while since I have told you what's going on with me and that is because I am getting married in a couple of months. You heard me, I will be Mrs Nandini Murthy Malhotra within the next few months. Although I don't know if I'm going to take his last name.

I am writing today after so long because I needed to calm myself. The past couple of days have been so rushed and it feels like so much has happened in a very less amount of time. I know that this is how arranged weddings happen but it still feels so weird and I'm having a hard time keeping up with the pace of how fast everything is going on with my life.

It's not because I am going to have to share every minute of the rest of my life with Manik after living by just myself for almost a year now.

It's not because the isolated me suddenly has such a huge circle to hangout with.

It's not because I'm good friends with my soon-to-be-husband's ex-fiance, now.

It's not because my family out of the blue wants me to break it off with Manik and I've not told him about it yet.

Oh yes, let me tell you this interesting story- another classic from the tales of Murthys' insensitivity.

My parents had set me up with Manik without having a background check on him. After I informed them about picking a date and the engagement party we're planning to throw, they asked me about Manik's family. I fed them with the truth which has ultimately landed me in this pickle.

My parents won't give two hoots to whom I get married to but they have a community where they need to hold their heads up. My dad's family is a conservative one and when they learn about me marrying an orphan, my family will be subject to excessive trolling and taunting from their side. I couldn't care less but to my parents, it is a big deal.

And that is why they've asked me to break it off with him.

I have a feeling this would be the last nail in the coffin after which the last of the thread holding me with my family would also break.

Because, I am not going to do what they're asking me to and if I don't obey what they say then they are definitely going to stop talking to me. I am already on the road to make my peace with this new alteration in my life and all I care about at the moment is that my relationship with by brother shouldn't get affected in this process. Cause, I am not breaking it off with Manik for my parents' silly apprehension. Period.

Enough of my family drama for today. I'll bother you when there will be an update.

What I truly wanted to tell you is about how I actually feel for Manik. To be very honest, even writing his name sends jitters down my spine. I know it sounds unnatural but that's what happens to me when I'm around him. I obviously put up a good facade to cover all these feelings but with time passing it's getting difficult.

Like few days ago when I met with his friends and later we cooked dinner together for the first time, we almost had our first kiss if it weren't for Manik's phone. We were in his kitchen preparing thai food- Pad Thai, when accidentally cut my finger while chopping veges. When Manik heard me shriek, he immediately pulled me towards the sink to wash the wound and then to put ice over it. We stood close to each other as he held the ice cubes over my finger. He was engrossed in doing these things but I was caught up on how close he was to me.

It was the first time we were that close and just like everytime that I am around him even then my mind wandered to my curiosity of how would our first intimate encounter be like. We had hugged each other a couple of times and he had kissed me on my cheek the one time in the car when we were discussing about our past but other than that we hadn't come close to each other physically.

When he didn't hear from me for a while despite of the numerous questions he asked me, that's when he looked into my eyes to learn God knows what because in a split second the air between us got very thick.

His free hand reached out to hold me by my waist and I put my free hand over his bicep. I wanted to make the first move because I could gauge that he was waiting for my permission so I leaned in and he closed his eyes. Alas, I could not muster up the courage so I just placed my l lips near his lips on his cheek for a long kiss. He gave me a smile with closed eyes that made my stomach do a backflip. Before I could understand what was happening he had dropped the ice and let go of my finger to cup my face while I slid my hand to his back. He leaned in, deadly close to my lips just to get interrupted by the loud ringing of his mobile on the kitchen counter.

That's it! The moment passed and we ended up with a kiss miss instead of a scintillating first kiss.

I know I like Manik a lot but I cannot wait for the day I'll fall in love with him. It's too soon to be talking about love but it's kind of inevitable to resist given that we will be married in a couple of months.

I don't know what will happen with my family but I am sure that I won't change my decision just because Manik is an orphan. So what, if he has no family?
'I am thrilled by just the fact that I will soon become his only family.' It is okay if that becomes the case for me too. I am sure Manik will be there to support me.

Do I sound like a crazy person? If I do then change your opinion, dear diary, because that's not the case. I just trust him a lot now after spending almost three weeks with him and I can just hope that he won't let me down for believing in him so much.

So, that was my update about my life till today. I'll write again when something happens and until then goodbye!

----×----

I know it's a very small chapter but it's just a filler! Please bear with me!

⭐Next update coming up in 2 days!⭐

Rate the chapter between 1-10

Is Nandini's choice of choosing Manik over her parents the right thing to do?

Do you think Nandini would tell Manik about her parents' decision?