21• |Illicit assertiveness|

Dedicated to Jyotibiswal Anulov SrishtiSharma9 R_kaura12 NikitaGupta838 mansi0809 weirdosaurs Nivirajendran93 lostintowild Chaitraliv Aahna_sharma dikshanaik572 aayushi2_5 KriyaRhiya for commenting on the previous chapter.

Hugs🤗 and kisses😘 to the ones who voted as well.

----×----

Manik was away in the balcony finishing up on a phonecall from office and Nandini decided to utilise the time to unbox a few stuff that had moved from her place to here and set it up

Manik was away in the balcony finishing up on a phonecall from office and Nandini decided to utilise the time to unbox a few stuff that had moved from her place to here and set it up. That way she'd not only reduce work for later but also it'll keep her mind off the conversation with her father.

Her family and her were never simple. It only bothered her when she couldn't perceive how to manage her emotions which did not happen that often. Years of practice made her perfect in not letting it affect her but at certain times things went out of her hand as well just like now when her father called up just to lash out on her for going ahead with this wedding against all of their warnings and he also promised her that both of her parents wouldn't be there to give her away on an important occasion like that.

A little part in Nandini always hoped that by the time their wedding day turns up, her parents would come around and be there to give her away like any other parents would do. She wanted her and Manik to be blessed by them after she was finally wedded to him but that wasn't going to happen. It upset her beyond anything and she knew if she'll be alone with all this on her mind then there are high chances of her getting another panic attack which is why she asked Manik to take her with him irrespective of having their first fight back in the food court of that shopping mall.

Nandini opened up the carton that contained stuff from her living room and then begun setting everything up in Manik's living room as and how she found places for her stuff. She was busy fixing up a couple of paintings on the wall beside the door when she felt Manik hug her from behind and thus digging his head in the crook of her neck amidst the dense fall of her shampooed hairs. She sucked in a hard breath at their proximity by closing her eyes as he peppered feather kisses behind her earlobe.