Chapter 1: The New Protector

Kagome groaned in pain. She felt her arm was bleeding out. She has been wounded. She slowly opened her brown-honey eyes and see someone was attacking the demons. Her eyes are gone blurry as she stared at the very long white hair like Inuyasha's. She recognized the white-and-red kimono dress with armor around his right shoulder. Kagome knew it was Lord Sesshomaru. She didn't know he was protecting her from demons. She thought he doesn't protect someone else. Kagome wondered why. I

Kagome stood up straight as she watched him. "Sesshomaru?" she blinked in surprise. "You've been driving away from the demons for me? Why are you protecting me? I thought you don't protect someone else."

Sesshomaru ignored her as he continued to slaughter the demons with his claws. "Those wounds are Inuyasha's doing, am I not right?" he questioned her.

Kagome looked at her wounded left arm. She remembered how Inuyasha had slashed her in the left arm and tried to kill her. Inuyasha tried to kill her then take the rest of her soul. She knew Kikyo has told him to kill her.

It all started when Kagome was all alone in the forest...

Flashback

Kagome was all alone in the woods. She walked slowly as she remembered when Inuyasha and Kikyo were together while kissing on the lips. She doesn't know why Inuyasha is acting that way and kept sneaking off to see Kikyo without telling them.

Kagome had fallen in love with Inuyasha ever since they went on a journey together to find the Shikon Jewel Shards, but he didn't return her feelings. He only loved Kikyo more than poor Kagome. She was his shard detector which made Kagome feel angry about this. He only saw Kikyo, his precious undead lover. Kagome got annoyed by hearing Inuyasha saying Kikyo was great at everything. She was tired and sick of it.

Right now, Kagome was on her own in the dark forest. She brought her sacred arrows and the shards with her. Just in case she needed everything. She heard footsteps behind which made her jump and scared. She quickly readied her arrow. When she narrowed her eyes, turning toward the noise, all she saw was Inuyasha.

"Oh, hi, Inuyasha," Kagome greeted him, sounding surprised. "What are you doing here? I thought you were with Kikyo."

"Kagome, can we talk for a moment?" Inuyasha asked her with a smile. "There is something I want to tell you."

Kagome nodded. "Sure, Inuyasha." She followed him in different directions as she noticed something is going on with Inuyasha.

Right now, they headed to the big hills where they stood on the edge of the cliff. Kagome stood in the path as she stared at him.

"So, Inuyasha, what is it y--" Kagome was interrupted when she felt the sharp pain was inflicting on her left arm. She screamed in pain as she holds onto her arm. "Inuyasha! What are you doing!?"

"Give her back her soul, wench!" Inuyasha growled.

Kagome was confused. "Wh-what!?"

"Don't play dumb with me, wench!" Inuyasha growled again. "I said give her back her soul, wench!"

"No, never!" Kagome yelled as she began to run for her life. She ran as fast as she can. Kagome headed to the mountains. She climbed up the big rock, so Inuyasha won't hunt her down. The next thing she knew, she was at a dead end. Of course, she stopped at the edge of the cliff where she stared at the big ocean. She felt Inuyasha's aura getting closer and closer to her. She couldn't decide whether to jump or not. If she jumped in the big river, she'll drown herself to death. But if she gets captured by Inuyasha, she would also die as well. Right now, she saw Inuyasha approaching her.

"You got nowhere to run, wench," Inuyasha smirked at her evilly. "Just hand over your soul back to Kikyo or else I'll kill you."

She gulped in fear. She grew frightened of the Inuyasha that stood in front of her. Kagome looked back at the river. She felt she was pushed by Inuyasha with his hand. Kagome felt her tears flowing down her face as she watched Inuyasha's evil face. She couldn't believe he had betrayed her. She closed her eyes and felt her whole body splashed.

Flashback ends

After she was attacked by Inuyasha, Sesshomaru found her in the river and then rescued her. Kagome felt her tears flowing down her face. She doesn't understand why Inuyasha tried to kill her to bring Kikyo's soul to be whole again. She squeezed her arm tightly as it was bleeding out more. She doesn't care if it's bleeding from her wounds.

Inuyasha... why? Kagome glanced down her eyes sadly.

She looked back and see Sesshomaru walking away from her. She began to follow him as she brought out her sacred bow and arrows.

"Wait! Where are you going?" Kagome shouted out as she followed him.

Sesshomaru didn't reply to her. He was just walking away from her as he headed toward the path. Kagome didn't know why Sesshomaru didn't be saying it back. Maybe he doesn't want to talk to her.

"Why are you following me, Priestess?" Sesshomaru questioned as he glanced his amber eyes at her.

"Well, I thought maybe I could go with you," Kagome said as she followed him.

"Should you be back with Inuyasha and the others?" Sesshomaru asked her.

Kagome stopped for a second. She glanced down and felt sad a bit. She didn't say anything to him. She just stands there and looked down at the ground.

Sesshomaru began to spin his head around and looked at how Kagome was sad and lonely because of Inuyasha who put her through. "If that's the case, then follow me if you want to."

"Follow you?" Kagome blinked. "But... what if--"

"I'll protect you," Sesshomaru interrupted.

She blinked again. "Protect me?"

"If that's the case, I'll protect you from Inuyasha or other demons," Sesshomaru murmured, he looked away and then walked away again.

Kagome began to nod her head. "Okay."

After they both talked, Kagome walks beside him while following him around in the forest. She wondered why Sesshomaru decided to protect her from Inuyasha. She thought he doesn't protect anyone. Except for Rin whom he protects. She wondered how Rin and Jaken are doing. She couldn't wait to meet them again.

She began to speak to him, "Sesshomaru."

"Hm?" Sesshomaru turned his head at Kagome.

"Thank you for protecting me," Kagome said.

"Hn," Sesshomaru nodded with the eyes close. Kagome thought he would say a word to her. She had never expected that Sesshomaru had saved her from the demons. She couldn't help but follow him by his side.