Chapter 28: Captured Kagome

It was morning time. It was time for Kagome and Sesshomaru to go to their appointment with the doctor that Kaede had hired him for a long time. They didn't they had a new healer in this village. Even though, the doctor was taking over Kaede's place. It was not like Kaede was being replaced. Kaede and Ayame should teach Rin how to be a healer. It would be a great idea for them.

As for Kagome and Sesshomaru, they both waited for the doctor to arrive. The young priestess lay on the futon, feeling relaxed. Sesshomaru held onto her hand any longer. He will never let her go. Kagome knew her husband was very overprotective.

Finally, the doctor arrived and approached them. "Hello there. Am I interrupted?"

"No, sir. You didn't. We were just waiting for you," Kagome said with a great smile.

The doctor smiled back. "I see. That's good to hear. I am Doctor Suikotsu and I am here to take your medical exam. I've been taking very good care of the children and all the people."

Sesshomaru softened his eyes. He noticed there was something suspicious about this man that he never liked. Was he lying or was he telling them the truth? "Hn, I don't recall Kaede and Ayame saying anything about Kagome needed an examination."

Kagome chuckled with a smile. "Relax, Sesshomaru," she said, "I am sure Doctor Suikotsu will look after our child. Besides, he seems a kind-hearted person."

Suikotsu chuckled with a blush. "Thank you, Priestess Kagome."

"Call me Kagome, sir. It won't take that long, right?" Kagome asked.

"Why of course not, Kagome. It won't be that, but it will only take ten or fifteen minutes, so you should rest more than twenty-five or thirty minutes," Suikotsu said.

Sesshomaru sighed at this. "Very well. I'll leave you two alone, but if I don't see my wife in thirty minutes, you will be slashed in my claws."

Suikotsu gulped in shock.

"Oh, Sesshomaru. Calm down! We'll be fine! I promise!" Kagome said, scolding him.

Sesshomaru gently leaned in and pressed onto her lips with a soft kiss. "Alright, I'll leave you and Suikotsu alone until your medical exam was done."

She chuckled again with a smile. "I'm sure you will." When Sesshomaru left the hut, Kagome looked over the belly and rubbed it softly. She couldn't believe it's been two weeks since she's been pregnant. She and Sesshomaru couldn't wait to meet their unborn child. "You hear that sweetie?" she asked, happily. "Your daddy is already overprotective and possessive over us. He'll always be there to protect us."

Suikotsu couldn't help but chuckle. He knew Kagome would be a great mother one day and so was Sesshomaru who will be a great father as well. Right now, he was busy taking her medical exam for over a few minutes.

***

A few minutes later, Kagome had laid on the futon for over twenty-five minutes until something was going on here. She wondered if Suikotsu had taken a very long time. She noticed there was something suspicious about him.

Kagome began to get off the bed and checked on the doctor. When she was about to enter his room, she began to call out for him, "Hey, Doctor Suikotsu! Is something--"

Suddenly, she saw a man who wears armor that consists of a dark blue breastplate, with three kusazuris that run down his legs, and a green sash around his waist. He also has large black shoulder pads, blue arm guards over his kosode, and a pair of matching khan and tabi on his legs. She saw him spinning his head around and saw her standing around in front of him.