Chapter 30: Dakota Higurashi, Kagome's Father

Sesshomaru and the others were traveling to find Kagome's father who is still alive. Kagome was in shock after hearing how her father had survived the car crash. The question is... how did he end up getting here in the feudal era? Kagome was still in shock. After the battle of Naraku and his fellow friends, a girl named Lightning was bringing her to meet her father. Sesshomaru and the others are in very shock. They didn't know Kagome had a father in the feudal era!

Despite their thoughts when they headed towards the path where Lightning can lead them away. Sesshomaru got feelings for this. He thought this isn't right by meeting this man, but he won't stand in his mate's way.

"Hey, guys," Kagome said. "How did you guys end up defeating the Band of Seven and Kagura?"

Miroku sighed at that. "Well, they got away before you guys had defeated Naraku. Besides, I saw the other demon dog who managed to help them escape."

Sesshomaru widened his golden eyes. "You mean Inuyumi was there? She helped them escape!?"

He nodded with a sweatdrop. "Yes, she did. I think Inuyumi has worked for Naraku."

"Why would Inuyumi do that?" Kagome asked.

"I don't know, but I think Naraku was using her to steal your baby away from you," Miroku said.

Sesshomaru growled in furious. "If I ever see Inuyumi again, I will make sure she'll die by my claws."

"Calm down, Sesshomaru. Maybe this is for Inuyumi's best by hurting Kagome and the baby," Ayame said.

"Plus, she got away with it while she was hiding from us before we finally defeated Naraku," Inuyasha said, rolling his eyes.

"Well, at least one of his incarnations is now free from Naraku's control. Except for Kagura and Kanna who still works with Tsubaki, the Dark Priestess," Kagome pointed it out.

Inuyasha scoffed. "If I saw those two and even Tsubaki again, I'll make sure they'll turn into ashes."

"No, there is no time for this, Inuyasha. Lightning was taking us to meet my father," Kagome said, gazing at the path where Lightning was leading them.

Suddenly, Kagome sensed the shards and the familiar demonic aura. She knew what will happen next. They saw a whirlwind coming towards them. Sesshomaru quickly got in front of Kagome, being overprotective of her and the unborn baby. The whirlwind died down and they knew it was Koga.

"Koga?" Kagome blinked, surprisingly.

"Hey, Kagome!" Koga greeted her happily. "How is it going?"

She knew Koga will never call her 'my woman' which means she was very happy about this. "Fine, but now that wasn't a time," she said.

"Yeah! Why don't you go bother someone else, Koga!" Inuyasha snarled.

"Shut up, mutt!" Koga snapped as he kicked him in the stomach which made Inuyasha grunt in pain. "So, what are you all doing?"

"We finally defeated Naraku, so we have to go meet Kagome's father who is still alive," Shippo said.

Koga blinked. "Kagome's father?"

They nodded.

"Was her father supposed to be dead?" Koga asked.

"Of course not, idiot! Kagome told us everything! Lightning was taking us to meet her dad! By the way, you weren't there by hearing the story about what happened to Higurashi" Inuyasha shouted.

Koga growled at him. He had enough of Inuyasha's attitude. He couldn't help but face him. "Shut up, mutt! I overheard what happened!"

"Then how the hell do you know!?" Inuyasha argued.