Chapter 6: Sesshomaru's Unknown Feelings

"It's been three months, hasn't it?" Kagome asked as she stepped into the cold river and walk forward.

"Yeah! It's been three months since you joined us, Kagome!" Rin exclaimed happily, taking Kagome by the hand and they were crossing through the river.

It's been three months since Kagome went on a journey with Sesshomaru and the others. All four of them were on their way to the next village that was rumored of having a demon problem. So far, they have collected five shards as Kagome knew that she was ahead of Inuyasha and Kikyo. But the thing is Kagome missed her friends except for Inuyasha who betrayed her and tried to kill her to take half of the soul to gain Kikyo to become alive again. But some far, Kagome still has half of her soul and she will never die. It's a good thing that Sesshomaru had rescued her from the injuries and vowed to protect her.

After they made it, Kagome decided to help Sesshomaru to hide his demon form, so nobody will recognize his demonic look. She gave him a black cloak and a hoodie to make sure he wasn't cut by the guards or the monks just like the last time when Rin got kidnapped by the monks. Kagome vowed to keep them safe from trouble.

When they made it to the hut, Sesshomaru took off the cloak and sat on the big blanket and pillow. Kagome put her bag down and her sacred bow and arrows. Rin began to get some rest as she sat beside Jaken.

"How about we stop in the next village and get some rest?" Kagome said with a soft smile.

"Sounds like a plan, Kagome!" Jaken exclaimed, pointing it out.

"But first we should get some fish and some blueberries for dinner tonight," Kagome said as she sat beside Rin and Jaken.

Sesshomaru nodded in agreement. "We would love to, Kagome."

"Yeah! I want to taste fish! I wanna try it because I've never eaten fish before," Rin said with a happy look on her face.

"Well, perhaps I'll let you try it and see how you taste like," Kagome replied, chuckling a bit.

"Kagome," Sesshomaru called her name to make her head turn around. "Make sure to keep Rin healthy. I do not want her to have sickness from the poison fish."

"No problem, Sesshomaru," Kagome smiled, giving him a thumbs up. "I'll make sure the fish looks healthy and clean."

Sesshomaru smiled back softly. "Thank you, Kagome."

When she and Rin headed to the riverbank she put on her tabi and zori. Then stood up after adjusting the fish. When Kagome turned around and placed he right foot on the stone, she started to fall forward. She closed her honey-brown eyes and was ready for the impact, but she didn't feel the wet ground until she was wrapped in her arms around her. Kagome opened her eyes slowly. She turned around and see it was Sesshomaru.

Kagome was in shock to see his actions. "Th-thank you, Sesshomaru."

"Hn, you're welcome, but be careful next time, Kagome," Sesshomaru said with a smirk.

Kagome had never seen him so happy before. But the question is... Was Sesshomaru having feelings for Kagome?  Kagome didn't notice his expression, but she knew what he feels. After this, Sesshomaru helped her get her feet up and Kagome grabbed onto his kimono chest.

"Well, we should start gathering some fish for dinner," Kagome said with a soft blush on her face as she smiled and glanced at her eyes.

"Of course," Sesshomaru replied as he stared into her beautiful honey-brown. He began to blush back softly when he kept staring at the young priestess. He thought she was beautiful because of her midnight black-blue hair and autumn honey-brown eyes. But he doesn't want to be fallen in love with a human just like his father did in the past.