Chapter 5: Rescuing Rin

If you all want to know what happened to Rin, well, here is a flashback before Kagome left her in the cave. Rin sat alone in the cold cave by herself while waiting for Kagome to return right before defeating the bear. Rin saw the monk coming through the cave and saw her sitting alone in the cave. The old monk noticed Rin was an orphan which means he could bring her to safety.

"Little girl, come with us." The old monk said, approaching her.

Rin looked at the monk and then looked away. "I'll be fine by myself," she told the monolog glancing down at the rocky ground.

Without a warning, she was carried by the monk and brought to the other monks. Rin struggled to break free, but there is no use. He won't let her go and Rin wanted to scream for Kagome.

"Let me go!" Rin begged. "Put me down! I want Kagome! I want Kagome and Lord Sesshomaru!"

"Why do your struggle with your saviors?" The old monk asked, glancing down at the little girl.

"Because I'll be fine all by myself!" Rin said with anger look on her face. "I only want Kagome and Lord Sesshomaru!"

"I've heard enough from you, stubborn little girl," the old monk snapped, walking towards the other monks who were standing in the line.

***

Meanwhile with Kagome, Sesshomaru, and Jaken...

"Sesshomaru!" Kagome yelled out his name, running towards the Demon Dog and the green creature like Jaken. When she stopped running, she was panting heavily in front of them.

"Kagome?" Sesshomaru blinked in surprise.

"Kagome, what's wrong?" Jaken asked worryingly. "And where's Rin?"

Kagome felt her tears falling down her eyes. Sesshomaru knew she was crying because she blamed herself for leaving Rin behind.

"Rin's been taken!" Kagome cried as she covered her face. "I'm so sorry I didn't protect Rin... When I sent Rin to the cave for safety, I noticed she was been taken... This is all my fault and I didn't protect her..."

Sesshomaru walked towards her and then embraced her to make her stop crying. She blinked her honey-brown, glancing up at his face in surprise. "Don't blame yourself, Kagome," he said with a soft voice. "It's not your fault. We'll find Rin, no matter what."

"I bet the monks from the village have taken Rin, I know it!" Jaken pointed it out.

Kagome gleamed her eyes. "You sure?"

"Yes, I am positive!" Jaken said. "Right before we stayed in the village, I saw the monks were looking right at us and noticed we're demons. But you and Rin were not demons."

Sesshomaru started to walk away and tell them, "Then let's go save Rin," he said. "We don't have much time."

Kagome watched him leaving in confusion. "Right now?"

He glanced his eyes at her and then nodded his head. "Yes, now."

***

Back with Rin...

"You'll be sorry when Lord Sesshomaru and Kagome show up!" Rin shouted, still struggling to break free from the old monk's left arm, but he was still holding her.

"Be quiet, child!" The old monk commanded her with a frown look on his face.

Rin then began to yell out their names, calling out for help. "Lord Sesshomaru! Kagome!" she called out their names in echo. "Please help me!"