Chapter 18: A New Fresh Start

It's been a week since Kagome had her soul back and didn't die in her tragic times. It's been a while since her back was healed because of half of her soul. It never stayed scarred forever. She was so lucky that she didn't kill by Kikyo who betrayed Inuyasha to put the spell on him and ordered him to kill her to get half of her soul back. But it didn't happen. Inuyasha finally had it but to kill Kikyo. He will never forget Kikyo for what she did. Her friends are told by Sesshomaru and Inuyasha about what happened. Miroku, Sango, and Shippo were in shock and didn't believe Kikyo would do such a thing. They apologized to Inuyasha for not believing him. Kaede also learned what happened. At first, Sesshomaru told Kaede that her older sister has been using enchantment on Inuyasha to kill Kagome to get her half-soul back. The old priestess couldn't believe that her sister would do horrible things to Inuyasha and Kagome.

Right now, Kagome was fully healed and ready to be outside again. She wore the priestess robe as Kikyo wore it. Kagome tied her ponytail and made it look like Kikyo, but not all the time. Because she never looked like Kikyo. She was different. Kagome stared at the blue sky, taking in the view of a clear sky.

"Kagome!"

Shippo's voice broke her out of her thoughts. She looked over her shoulder and saw Shippo, Rin, and Kirara running towards her.

"Shippo! Rin! Kirara! How are you all three doing?" Kagome exclaimed as she kneeled and hugged the three of them who both jumped into her open arms.

"We heard what happened to you, Mama!" Shippo said.

"Yeah, and we were told by Lord Sesshomaru and his younger brother Inuyasha that you were shot by the undead priestess," Rin said as Kirara nodded in agreement.

"How are you feeling, Mama?" Shippo asked.

Kagome smiled kindly. "I'm fine. Thank you for asking, Shippo."

"Will you be able to use your strengths, Kagome?" Rin asked her curiously.

She nodded. "Yes, I can. I'm fully recovered from my back injury. So does anyone want to go pick some herbs for Kaede? She asked her for picking some herbs in the field."

All three of them nodded. "Hai!"

Kagome smiled at this. She loved teaching and playing with the two children. She was happy that she was spending time with them. And even spending more time with Sesshomaru. Kagome began to bring Rin, Shippo, and Kirara with her to the field.

***

She and the kids stood in front of the big field. There were flowers all around the big tree and ivy vines that had wild roses were growing in the grassy field. All three of them, except Kirara, started to pick some herbs one by one. They brought a basket to fill up some herbs.

"Hi, Kagome!" A female voice shouted far away from the field of herbs. Kagome and the others went to the other side of the hill and followed a small path where it was smashed. When they reached the end of it, they spotted a young demon wolf girl with ginger hair that was tied into long pigtails and leaf-green eyes. They saw her picking some yellow flowers.

"Oh, hello, Ayame," Kagome greeted her as Rin ran behind her terrified. She knew Rin was scared of the wolves. She heard what happened when the wolves attacked her, she ended up getting killed. But lucky for her, Rin gave a second chance by Sesshomaru.

Ayame glanced her eyes at Rin who was hiding behind Kagome from her. "Oh, who is this young little girl?"

"This is Rin. She is an orphaned human girl who became a traveling companion of the demon dog, Sesshomaru," Kagome introduced her.