Chapter 10: The Curse and the Truth Revealed

(A/N: I'm changing her eyes to icy blue eyes instead of honey-brown eyes).

Kagome rolled her head, feeling something pain in her headache. She woke up and found herself alone in the darkness. She didn't know what was going on, but there was a certain figure standing behind her. Kagome turned around and saw the unfamiliar woman with silver hair blue eyes and red lips.

"Tsubaki!" Kagome growled as she glared at her furiously. She remembered how the woman had cursed her with the tainted shards to kill Inuyasha. But Tsubaki has returned. Although, Kagome didn't know what happened from the last time she heard she disappeared. "What are you doing here? I thought you were dead!"

Tsubaki giggled evilly. "Well, well, well. The young priestess who ends up falling in love with the Demon Dog, Sesshomaru," she smirked. "That's a shame for leaving Inuyasha and the groups behind."

"Says who!? My heart will never belong to Inuyasha! My heart belongs to Sesshomaru, now wipe that smirk off of your face, Tsubaki!" Kagome shouted, still glaring at the dark priestess.

Tsubaki walked towards her slowly as Kagome backed away. "You may fall in love with Sesshomaru instead of Inuyasha, but I am here to warn you, Kagome. You are bound to whoever and whatever saves your life, but you must lose your heart to them, or darkness will befall you. Remember, Kagome, if you ever fall in love with Sesshomaru, you will surely die at the hands of someone who betrayed you."

When Tsubaki spoke to the young priestess, she began to walk into the darkness with an evil smirk on his lips.

"Wait! What do you mean!? Come back!" Kagome shouted, running towards her, but she ended up fading away.

***

"Kagome?"

She heard a voice has spoken her name. Kagome felt warmth wrapped around her as the sun began to rise in the sky and peeked through the leaves of the tree that she and Sesshomaru slept together beside the tree. She only opened her eyes and held her breath when she saw Sesshomaru staring at her. Her face turned cherry red as she noticed Sesshomaru was holding her close to his strong chest. He was staring at Kagome in her sleep for a longer. She had to admit that he looked quite handsome when he was watching her.

"Good morning, Sesshomaru," Kagome greeted with a soft smile.

"Good morning," Sesshomaru greeted back.

He held her closer and placed his lips against hers. Kagome felt like she was on fire as Sesshomaru held her close while kissing her softly. He was such a gentleman. His lips are gentle. Even though, when she was with Inuyasha, he would be a gentleman instead of treating her like his slave and even his shard detector. Sesshomaru let go of her lips and started to stare at her beautiful icy blue eyes.

"How was your first night outside?" Sesshomaru smirked.

"Beautiful," Kagome said with a smile.

Later on that day, the four decided to go on the next journey and find any clues to the next shard. From Kagome's point of view; she remembered in her dreams when she saw Tsubaki standing in the darkness and warned her about the visions. She doesn't understand. Who will kill Kagome? Will it be Inuyasha who betrayed her for leading her to death? Or will be Sesshomaru? But Sesshomaru had never hurt and betrayed her. He was her protector. When they all left the forest, Sesshomaru noticed there was something wrong with Kagome. He began to walk beside her and hold her hand softly.

"Kagome. What's the matter with you? Is something wrong?" Sesshomaru asked her, sounding a bit worried.

Kagome gave him a soft smile. "Nothing's wrong, Sesshomaru. It's probably just a weird dream. That's all."