Chapter 11: Kidnapped

"Sesshomaru, wait up!" Kagome shouted in the hill of the mountains while running towards him. Rin was running after her as well. Jaken walked beside Sesshomaru. It was now four months. It's been two weeks now. After they stayed in the nearby village and there was no sign of the shards, they continued to move on. Kagome carried the bow and arrows with her bare hands while she and Rin kept running toward them.

Rin suddenly tripped over the rock which caused her to fall into the ground. Kagome stopped for a second. She spun around and run towards the little girl.

"Rin, are you okay?" Kagome asked, helping her stand up.

"I'm alright," Rin said with a smile.

Kagome gasped as she saw something. She has sensed the jewel shard. The girls saw the giant demon climb the mountains as he reached out his large hand toward them. But they both backed away from the monster as Kagome protected Rin from it. She pulled out the sacred arrow then pointed at its forehead where it was hidden the shard inside of it. Kagome aimed at the monster's forehead and then shot it through its forehead that it caused an explosion.

They screamed as they both landed on the rocky ground. Kagome saw the shard was landing on the ground. Suddenly, there was another monster who tried to get them.

"Kagome! Rin!" Sesshomaru yelled out their names as he unleashed his sword and then slaughtered the monster. When the monster turned into dust, he spun around and found Kagome's injury. He noticed her left arm was wounded by an explosion.

Kagome groaned in pain. She began to stand up weakly. Rin helped her stand up straight to retain her strengths.

"Kagome, are you okay?" Sesshomaru asked her, his voice sounding worried.

She nodded. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, but be careful next time," Sesshomaru said as he began to walk away.

"Lord Sesshomaru, can we stop for a moment? Kagome needs to heal her wounds," Rin said.

"Don't worry, Rin. We'll stop in the nearby forest until we're safe," he told Rin.

Rin nodded. "Okay."

***

After Kagome's left arm was bandaged up, she went to go see Sesshomaru who sat on the tree. She noticed he looked worried. Sesshomaru glanced down are the sword, squeezing it with his bare hand.

"Sesshomaru? Are you worried? I'm sorry about this. I did my best to protect Rin," Kagome said, sounding a bit disappointed.

Sesshomaru sighed deeply, glancing his eyes at her. "You're fine, Kagome, but I almost lose you because the explosions nearly killed you."

Kagome looked away. "I know..."

"Kagome?"

"Hm?"

Sesshomaru stared at her with his softer golden eyes. "Do you feel safe with me? Do you feel happy with me after Inuyasha had driven you off a cliff?"

Kagome looked away and glanced down her eyes at the ground. She held on to her left arm tightly to feel the pain a bit. Her eyes are gone and softened.

Flashback

"Wait! Where are you going?" Kagome shouted out as she followed him.

Sesshomaru didn't reply to her. He was just walking away from her as he headed toward the path. Kagome didn't know why Sesshomaru didn't be saying it back. Maybe he doesn't want to talk to her.

"Why are you following me, Priestess?" Sesshomaru questioned as he glanced his amber eyes at her.

"Well, I thought maybe I could go with you," Kagome said as she followed him.