Chapter 7: Kiss Under The Moon

Kagome and Sesshomaru were fighting against the demon snake that was threatening the villagers. The two thought the jewel shard might be involved. Just when they found the snake's stomach, Kagome had sensed the jewel shard with her very own eyes. So right now they were fighting the last demon snake inside the hut. However, Sesshomaru used his long claws then swiped it towards it and killed it. Kagome decided to aim her arrow at the demon snake and then released the arrow.

When the two demon snakes are dead, Kagome sensed another shard inside of its forehead. She used the sacred arrow and then stabbed it through its forehead. She pulled the shard out and then purified it with her bare hands. Sesshomaru had cut the demon snake's gut out of its stomach then took the shard to give it to Kagome who can purify it.

"Thanks, Sesshomaru," Kagome said with a smile.

"Hn," Sesshomaru nodded. He spun around and called out for Jaken and Rings to come out. However, the two of them were hiding in the tree to be away from the demon snakes.

"Sesshomaru fought bravely!" Rin exclaimed happily, running towards them.

"We have seven shards to go," Kagome said as she finished purifying the jewel shards. "Now there's only one way to find a way to defeat Naraku."

"And we can get the jewel back from the mean old Naraku," Rin pointed it out.

Kagome nodded. "You're right, but all we need to do to bring Kohaku back to his sister Sango. It's the only way to save him from Naraku and the tainted jewel shard."

"But what will happen to Kohaku when you pull out the shard? Will he die?" Rin asked her, sounding more worried.

She smiled at her and tell her, "Don't worry, Rin. Kohaku won't die. I'll find any to save his life from Naraku's control."

Rin exclaimed, circling excitedly.

"Kagome."

"Hm?" Kagome spun her head around and saw Sesshomaru approach her.

"We should get some rest after we fought two demon snakes, then we'll continue to have a long journey," Sesshomaru said.

Kagome nodded with a smile. "Sure, Sesshomaru."

When she looked at the shards, they only have seven shards since they had found at least seven of them. Kagome had to admit that Sesshomaru was a helper and always took care of her and Rin.

***

After informing the village leader that the two demon snakes were destroyed, they began to celebrate their new hero who both saved the village. The two warriors like Sesshomaru and Kagome liked getting rewards from the villagers' leader. Although, they brought them some gifts with clothing and two seashells. Kagome knew she had loved the seashell necklace with her own life. Even though, the villagers were from the beach village and the forest village. Sesshomaru and Kagome knew their home in the village was so big. They also gave Rin and Jaken gifts with necklaces and clothing. The leader explained to Sesshomaru and the others about the clothing was made by the villagers. The villagers also collected seashells from the beach and made them as necklaces.

When all four of them had their gifts, the villagers' leader invited them to stay the night in the treehouse. During that time, when Kagome puts Rin to sleep, she started to have feelings for the Demon Dog like Sesshomaru. But she wasn't sure that she should pursue it. After all, her first love tried to kill her to take half of her soul for Kikyo. However, she could tell Sesshomaru wouldn't kill her for anything.

"Sesshomaru?" Kagome checked him and found him sitting outside on the roof staring at the stars. "Sesshomaru, do you want something to eat? I'll make something for you."

"No thanks," Sesshomaru replied. "Although, I don't eat humans' food."

"Right, sorry," Kagome said as she glanced down her eyes at the floor where she stood near the window. "I thought maybe you want some ramen noodles."

"You don't have to apologize, Kagome. There's nothing to be afraid of. Would you like to sit next to me?" Sesshomaru said with his amber eyes gone softened.

She blushed a bit then nodded her head. She sat next to Sesshomaru and looked above at the bright stars. "Wow," she exclaimed quietly as she stared at the nightfall. She also stared at the beautiful full moon filled with bright light and starlights.

Sesshomaru glanced his eyes at her. "So, Kagome, shouldn't you be in bed? You look tired."

She sighed sadly, looking down at the roof as it was filled with leaves. "I can't sleep. When I put Rin to sleep, I don't want to have another nightmare again."

"Something on your mind?" Sesshomaru asked her curiously, coming to her side.

Kagome nodded, running her arms softly. "Yeah, I was just thinking of my friends. Except for Inuyasha. I wish I can see them again because I've missed them."

Sesshomaru gave her a soft smile. "I'm sure you'll see them again and I'm sure they'll miss you as well."

"Yes, but what if we run into them and Inuyasha tries to kill me again like he did last time? What if you're not here to protect me?" Kagome asked him nervously.

He began to touch her hand to make her calm. "Don't worry, Kagome," he said with a soft smile. "I'll protect you from my foolish little half-brother. He won't get in your way."

Kagome smiled softly at his words. Sesshomaru was right. He will always be there for her to be overprotective.

"Thank you, Sesshomaru," Kagome said as she gave him a kiss on his left cheek that made his eyes gone widened and he blushed heavily.

When Kagome left him alone outside on the roof, he glanced his eyes at her and touched his left cheek softly. He didn't understand why he has feelings for the human, but he never is like his father who fell in love with a human princess, Izayoi. But he couldn't help to fall in love with the young priestess, Kagome Higurashi.