Chapter 16: Tragic Times of Betrayal

Kagome woke up to the dim sunlight that was just starting to shine through the covered wooden windows. She lay on her side beside Sesshomaru who wrapped around her. She felt her whole body are slightly sore and she could remember last night. Kagome smiled at this. She felt something gently coming over her waist and embraced her. Kagome knew it was Sesshomaru. He leaned in and kissed her on the back. Sesshomaru rested his face between the crook of her neck and shoulder. She can feel a slight shiver run through her body at the intimacy.

"Good morning, Sesshomaru," Kagome greeted with a smile, holding his hand around her waist.

"Good morning, Kagome," Sesshomaru greeted back.

Kagome shifted her body and turned to face him. They shine vividly in the sunrise, his tan skin flawless and porcelain-like. Sesshomaru's face is laced with a peaceful expression, his strong chest rising and falling as he breathed out.

"What are we doing today, Sesshomaru?" Kagome asked.

"Anything that you want to do, Kagome. I'll be happy to spend time with you," Sesshomaru said with a smile.

"But all we need to do is to defeat Tsubaki and Naraku," Kagome said as she remembered something. Of course, she wouldn't forget anything. All she has to do was to hunt the shards and defeat Naraku.

"Are you sure? I don't you to go alone to defeat them both. Although, Kagome, I still want to spend time with you and we can see Rin and Jake again," Sesshomaru replied.

She glanced down her eyes, staring at herself with her own naked body. She looked at his face and smiled at him. "Well, let's just say we'll take a break from finding the shards, and then we'll spend time together. I don't care what they want me to die for."

Sesshomaru began to smile and took her hand. "Then let's spend time together, but let's get ourselves a bath."

Kagome nodded in agreement as they both headed outside and went to go to the hot spring together. They wanted to make to keep themselves clean from last night.

***

A few minutes later after they took a hot spring together, Kagome came out of the big cave where she changed her new outfits in tippy-toe. She was dressed in a red-and-white kimono. That is what Sesshomaru wore with it. Sesshomaru wore his white kimono pants without his kimono shirt.

(A/N: This is what Kagome is wearing with. I hope you guys will like this picture ^_^).

"Sorry, I have to wear your kimono shirt because my clothes are dirty

"Sorry, I have to wear your kimono shirt because my clothes are dirty. Although, I need to wash my clothes and I forgot to do laundry," Kagome said as she walked towards him.

Sesshomaru smiled kindly. "You're fine, Kagome. You can wear it anytime you want," he said, he leaned down and planted a kiss on her forehead.

Kagome folds her clothes one by one and then is ready to carry them with her bare hands. When they arrived at Kaede's village, Kagome headed out into the openness of the blue sky and green grass. She goes around the veranda, the fresh air filled her senses. She headed back to the hut and then washed her clothes. It took an hour for her to wash her clothes. She placed it on the hanging tree branch. She sat on the soft green grass and stared at it while it was floating in the air a bit.