Chapter 22: To Heal The Sickness

(A/N: I've made this video on YouTube. My username is Kagome Uchiha if you guys are interested to subscribe my channel. Plus, you guys don't have to).

After they returned to the village, they heard a sudden cough. They entered Kaede's Village and found Rin lying on the futon with a blush across her face. Kaede sat beside her, taking care of this young girl. They saw Rin giving them a weak smile.

"Lord Sesshomaru. Kagome. You guys came back," Rin said, weakly.

"Hi, Rin. I just brought Sesshomaru back to the village and see how you're doing," Kagome said with a kind smile.

Rin coughed, covering her mouth with her bare hands. Kaede placed her hand on her forehead to feel the temperature she has. Kaede knew that Rin was extremely hot and she even had a cold.

"Rin has a cold," Kaede told them.

"Oh, no. That's not good. That means she has a fever," Kagome said in a worried tone voice.

"I never would've guessed Rin was sick," Sesshomaru said.

"Oh, I have something in my yellow supplies pack back!" Kagome exclaimed, pointing it out.

Sesshomaru blinked. "Really? What do you have?"

"I'll show you, Sesshomaru," Kagome said as she and Sesshomaru got up and walked out of the hut. They went to the other hut where she has put her yellow back in the corner of the wall. Sesshomaru watched her searching for the supplies inside this bag. She pulled out the bag of tea and the mug cup.

Ayame appeared out of nowhere when she saw her making the tea. She walked in and ask them, "Hey, guys. What are you making?" she asked them curiously.

"I'm making the tea because Rin has a fever," Kagome said, smiling.

Sesshomaru nodded in agreement.

"Oh, no. Does she have a fever? Poor Rin. But can I join you? I wanted to make the tea as well," Ayame said.

Kagome nodded. "Of course, you can."

"I'll go watch over Rin," Sesshomaru said as he headed back to Kaede's hut.

"Okay," Kagome said. Ayame smiled as she joined helping her make some tea for Rin.

Within ten minutes, Ayame began to grab a bowl from Kagome's yellow pack back and put the water in it. The tea was finally done, but Ayame had put something in it. Kagome was a lavender flower that will help Rin feel better. The girls walked back to Kaede's hut where Rin continued to lay there.

"What's this, Kagome?" Rin asked, pointing at the mug that Kagome was carrying.

"It's tea. It will help you with that fever," Kagome told her.

"Yeah, those herbs and lavender flowers will help you make the fever go away," Ayame said, smiling. "Besides, you do love flowers after all."

Rin smiled at them. Kagome passed it to Rin carefully. She took a sip of the tea and started to smile at them. Kagome knew she was enjoying it as she continued to sip the tea. She gave Kagome the empty mug then Ayame placed the towel on Rin's forehead.

"Thank you, Kagome and Ayame," Rin said, smiling.

"You're welcome, Rin," Kagome said.

After this, Rin began to fall into a deep slumber. Sesshomaru smiled at this when he was glad Kagome was helping her. Kaede was surprised Kagome must be a great helper who took care of this child.

Sesshomaru walked towards Kagome. "Kagome, thank you for healing Rin."

Kagome smiled kindly. "You're welcome," she said as she kissed him on his left cheek. Ayame blushed as she looked away, exclaiming quietly. Kaede chuckled as she noticed Ayame wanted them some space alone.

***

One week later, Rin's fever was finally gone. Kagome and Ayame had taken care of Rin's fever for over a week. Kaede always looked after Rin as well. She thought Kagome was such a great healer and so was Ayame. Although, Ayame was just a white demon wolf princess. It doesn't bother her. She was just the old priestess who always looked after the villagers. Even Kagome and her friends.

Kaede saw Rin getting up from the futon and feeling better from a fever. "How are ye feeling, Rin?" she asked her, smiling at her kindly. "Did your fever disappear?"

Rin nodded happily. "Yes, Kaede! I'm feeling better! Now I'm gonna go outside and play Shippo and Master Jaken."

Kaede chuckled. "That's good to hear, Rin. I hope Kagome and Lord Sesshomaru will be happy to see you so well."