Chapter 21: The Young Lady of the Western Land

Sesshomaru felt at peace while traveling in the country. He flies in the sky during the night. The flight towards the beautiful full moon. Although, he always likes standing on the cliff and staring at the full moon. He wasn't feeling too cold because he was a demon. He swiftly landed on the ground and stared at those bright stars and the moon. He felt the wind blew with the warmest breeze. He softened his golden eyes a bit. He stared at Kaede's Village while the wind kept blowing away.

"Sesshomaru!" It was Kagome who called out his name. Sesshomaru saw her running towards him, waving at him with her bare hand.

"Kagome? What are you doing here?" Sesshomaru asked her.

"It's Rin. She wasn't very well," Kagome said in a panic that made his eyes gone widened.

"What happened to her?"

Kagome glanced away and tipped her fingers with a sweatdrop. "Well... I checked Rin out, but she wasn't very well, so I took her to Kaede's," she told the full-fledged demon dog. "Kaede told me that Rin has the flu."

Sesshomaru softened his eyes again with a worried look on his face. "Rin... will she be okay, Kagome?"

"She will, I promise," Kagome promised to him as she embraced him softly.

Sesshomaru blinked as the scent hit his nose. He stopped embracing her and smell the unfamiliar scent. Kagome noticed that Sesshomaru was suddenly quiet and stiff.

"Sesshomaru, what's wrong?" Kagome asked, concerned.

"I smell blood. It must be from the Western Land," he said as he pointed towards the land of fields and even the big trees. Sesshomaru began to follow the scent as Kagome quickly grabbed his long tail. They flew in the field until they arrived near the mountains.

" I sensed the jewel shard over there!" Kagome said, pointing at it where the scent of blood came from.

"There's also a demonic aura as well," Sesshomaru said, narrowing his eyes.

"Let's go see who it is," Kagome replied as she and Sesshomaru lead the way to the smell of a blood trail. They passed by all bushes and the trees until they arrived near the edge of the clearing. They saw a group of four demons surrounding a female demon dog-like Sesshomaru's form. They saw her being attacked by the four demons, leaving her wounded on her left shoulder.

"Give us the jewel shards, you worthless female demon dog!" A demon said angrily.

"Curse you! I needed it for my children! They are sick!" A female demon dog roared in a weak voice, swinging her big claws at them. Sesshomaru declared that the demon dog is a female.

Kagome didn't know that a female has her pups, but why did she need the shards for them? She knew the shards will cause them bad, unfortunately.

Sesshomaru suddenly flies towards them and is about to attack them with his demon form. When he transformed himself into a giant beast, he attacked them with his long claws and his giant fangs. He roared as he slashed the four demons into pieces to rescue the female dog. Kagome watched the two against four as she quickly ran toward them. She stopped where the four demons had been slaughtered and the two demon dogs turned back into some human forms.

Suddenly, Kagome met a beautiful pale-skinned demon with long white hair and golden eyes like Sesshomaru's. She wore a blue and white kimono and a dark blue outer wrap that had a fur pelt, wrapped around her chest.

Sesshomaru widened his eyes in shock a bit. "Isabo?"

"Big brother Sesshomaru, it's been a long time, hasn't it?" Isabo said with a kind smile.