Chapter 20: The Dream of Inutaisho, Sesshomaru's Father

When they finally returned to the village, Kagome has been asleep for three hours while resting up against her strength after a long journey. It was now nighttime. Shippo and Rin were asleep in the futon bed together like siblings.

Kagome woke up and found herself in the darkness. She looked around in confusion. She didn't know what was going on, but she heard a figure call out her name.

Kagome saw a figure dressed like Sesshomaru's, in that he wore a white kimono and hakama, armored boots, and a long flowing sash, with the latter two suggestive of Chinese influence. He has breastplates, with a spiked rim, with the addition of Chinese vambraces and armored gauntlets, as well as a layered spiked pauldron on each shoulder. He wears a parted pelt that extends from both shoulders and trails behind him as he walks; representing the two streaks of fur running down the back of his demon form.

Kagome began to speak to him, "Who are you?"

"I am Inutaisho, Sesshomaru's father."

She blinked her icy blue eyes in shock. "So you're Inuyasha's father, too, right?"

He nodded with a kind smile.

"How did you get here?"

"I'm a spirit from your dreams, young one. Every time you kept dreaming, you were calling me here," Inutaisho said.

Kagome was confused. "Wait... Did I call you? I didn't call out your name."

"Yes, you did, young one."

"You can call me Kagome, Inutaisho. There's nothing to do afraid of," Kagome said, smiling.

"I wasn't afraid of your name, Kagome. You see, Sesshomaru did the mating ritual with you. That's why I'm here for you to help you with what it means to be with a demon," Inutaisho told the young priestess.

"Is that why you brought me here?" Kagome asked curiously.

He nodded. "Yes. But first, Kagome, I want to speak to you. It's more complicated than that. After Sesshomaru had lost his ability and strength of your tragic love, your spiritual powers had given him more power than the other demons. He has his presence aura back it's because you are no longer being cursed by the Dark Priestess, Tsubaki."

"So does it mean Sesshomaru and I are back together after the tragic time I have?"

Inutaisho nodded again. "Of course, Kagome. Your curse has been broken after you and Sesshomaru learned the truth of Kikyo who put an enchantment on my other son Inuyasha to kill you and take half of your soul. To my point of view; Kikyo wasn't good for Inuyasha. I would say I don't like her at all because she'll never give Inuyasha's chance by speaking to her."

"I agree with you, Inutaisho. Kikyo is not the right person for Inuyasha," Kagome pointed out.

"Ayame was the right one for Inuyasha. I hope he and Ayame will be together and have pups," Inutaisho chuckled as he crossed his arms across his chest and he smirked at this.

Kagome chuckled back. "They will one day, but I got to admit it Ayame had a crush on Inuyasha."

"Yes, she does. So, Kagome, after Kikyo was sent back to the dead and brought your soul back, you and Sesshomaru are now together and you are no longer Tsubaki's under control," he said as Kagome began to feel hearing him saying.

"Thank you, Inutaisho, for telling me this. Am I too powerful than Tsubaki's curse?" Kagome questioned him.

"You are stronger than Tsubaki. You have your pure and kind heart, Kagome," Inutaisho said as he stood beside her with a kind smile. "Listen well, Kagome; I want you to take care of Sesshomaru and Inuyasha for me. I knew that Sesshomaru has changed right after he has a dark heart within him of hatred. But lucky for Rin, she also changed him first who he is now. I just want to make sure Sesshomaru is taken care of. By the way, Kagome, I am very about Inuyasha. I thought you and him were good together."

Kagome smiled at him and placed her hands on her hips. "That's okay, Inutaisho. Inuyasha and I were good friends, but he just didn't love me the way I loved him. As for Sesshomaru, I'll take care of him and I will always love him. But I promise I'll take care of Inuyasha as well."

The demon dog chuckled with a smile. "Thank you, Kagome. I'm glad to hear it. Now you can wake up."

***

Kagome slowly opened her eyes and saw Sesshomaru lying beside her while falling asleep on the futon bed. She smiled at this and went back to sleep. Although, she told herself in her thoughts saying she will be a good wife of Lord Sesshomaru.

(A/N: Sorry with a short chapter. I'll try my best, but I will do part 21).