II

Cam, August, 2014...

I sat in my living room with Lauren and Emma watching TV. My phone started ringing and I got it out of the pocket of my sweatpants. Bobby. I sighed and answered.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I got some bad news, son." Bobby said.

"What is it?" I leaned forward slightly. Lauren looked at me.

"It's Cas, we can't find her."

"What? Why not?" I got up.

"Cam, what's wrong?" Lauren asked me.

"A damn Trickster warded her to protect her, but she used it to get away from us, I was wondering if she was there." Bobby told me.

"Well apparently not, Bobby!"

"Don't raise your voice at me, boy!" He said, "We need to find her and we need to find her quick, before anyone, or anything does."

"Where's Jedicia?" I asked.

"He left to check out Taylor's house and any of her friends she might've gone to."

"And if she's not there?"

"Then," He huffed, "Then I don't know."

"Bobby, I trusted you to look after her, her and Sam."

"She's my niece, boy, not my daughter, you should've been the one to look after her, not me, but what'd you do? You sent her to a damn Hunter, look where that got us. She's half demon and walking time bomb for the devil himself. Get it through your thick skull that you were just sending her away to save your own ass."

I breathed heavily and hung up on him.

"Cam," Lauren said, as I got my jacket, heading to the door, "Cam." She started coming after me as I opened the door and Emma watched me, scared. I went to my car and opened the door, getting in, "Cam!" Lauren yelled at me. I looked at her.

"I'll be back, call Bobby, he'll tell you what's going on." I told her, and I closed the door and started the car.

I was going to fix this, no matter what it took. I wasn't going to lose my daughter.

Cas, present...

After getting to New Mexico, we found a motel and got a room. We started setting up and Jack started doing research. He sat back as the computer loaded.

"So, Santa Fe, New Mexico, how long has it been since you've been here?" He asked.

I scoffed, "Not long enough." I looked out the window and back to him.

"What has it really been?" He asked, "15 years?"

"Yeah, around that," I put my hands in my pockets and looked around the room.

"Ever thought you'd be back?"

"Well, I knew I couldn't run from it any longer," I looked at him and he started getting to work.

We got on our suits and headed down to the police station. We got in with the sheriff and she was sitting behind a desk, eating a good sized sandwich and drinking a giant soda. She was a little plump, had blonde hair that was put up in a bun and brown eyes. We sat across from her.

"So, whatcha need?" She asked, in a sort of Canadian accent while eating her sandwich.

"Uh, we were wondering about the bodies that were found." I said, watching her eat.

"Oh yeah, we got at least five in under three weeks, sad thing." She said.

"Yes, very, uh, we were wondering if there was any connection you found between the vics?" Jack asked.