VIII

Gram, April 14, 1912...

"Ice burg!" A crew member shouted. I drank the rest of my vintage wine and threw my glass to the side as I walked into the control room. They looked at me.

"Hello, darlings," I said.

"Who the hell are you?" The captain asked.

"I'm the one who is going to save your lives," I flew to the controls and cracked my knuckles. I put my hands to the controls and released an energy to get it farther from the burg, erasing the people's current memories. I go the ship turned and the crew looked at the burg we were turning away from. They looked to me as I fixed my hat and beard.

"Who are you?" They asked again. I thought. Then smirked.

"Isaac," I lied, "Isaac Philips Freely,"

"You saved us from that burg,"

"It would seem that way," I said under my breath, and smiled at them.

"Drinks on the house for Mr. Freely!" The captain announced, and I smiled. More wine for me.

Present...

A woman watched as a mortal, Tracey McLaren sat at her desk. The woman was invisible to the mortal world, yet she was such a big part of it. The woman froze time and went behind Tracey. The woman picked up Tracey's scarf and put it around her neck. She stepped back and snapped, snapping Tracey's neck. The woman checked off Tracey's name in her book and threw over the gold yarn book mark as she closed it, continuing time. The woman disappeared.

Cas...

I drove down the street in my orange bug. I parked on the side of the street and got out. I went up to an office building and looked around. People were getting a body out of the building and two agents stopped them. Two very familiar agents.

I waited for them to finish and when they did, they turned to me. Jacob and Cliff Jericho. The two brothers looked at me. Jacob stood taller than me with short brown hair and blue eyes and Cliff was around my height with brown hair and brown eyes.

"Cas Winchester, never thought we'd see your face again."

"Small world," I said, "What the hell are you two doing here?"

"We're doing a case, you?"

I smirked, "You know, that's funny, cause this is my case."

"Is it now?" He asked, "We got to the vic first."

"Oh, you wanna play that game, huh?" I asked, and pushed him back. He sneered and pushed me back. Cliff stepped in between us before it could go any farther.

"Whoa, guys, it doesn't matter, as long as we get the thing, right?" Cliff asked, looking at us. Jacob and I were just glaring at each other, "Hey!" He yelled at us, and we snapped our gaze to him and he backed off.

"Fine," I huffed, "Truce?" I asked, Jacob. He looked at me as I put out my hand.

He looked at it and his eye twitched as he shook it, "Fine."

I nodded, "Let's get to it, then."

We started leaving.

"So what happened?" I asked as we walked.

"Woman in her twenties, snapped neck, no prints, no bruises," Jacob named off, "But, we found this." He took his hand out of his pocket and showed me a thread of gold yarn.

I took it and looked at it closely.

"It looks like one of those old bookmarks," Cliff said, and I nodded.