XVIII

"We need more morphine, stat, he's waking up." One of the nurses said as I kept pace with them. I had just gotten a call from an emergency number to find that Vincent had gotten into a really bad car crash.

"Is he okay?" I asked. One of the nurses stopped me.

"Miss, you're going to have to stay here,"

"No, that's my friend! You gotta tell me what's going on!"

"He was in a car crash, the hood of his car was nearly flat to the ground." They started, "They had to get a lift to get the truck off his car."

"But is he going to be okay?" I asked. They just breathed heavily.

"It's difficult to tell, especially when he's sedated." They told me, "We can't be sure of anything yet." They then started walking away.

"Hey!" I yelled after them, and went to go after them, but Jack caught me. I looked at him, "Where the hell have you been?"

"I just got your voicemails," He said, watching as the doors swung closed.

I watched through the slim window as the gurney turned a corner out of sight. I breathed heavily.

"It's Bobby all over again," I said, putting my hands to my head.

"Don't say that, he'll be fine."

"How do you know, Jack?" I asked, looking at him.

"I don't," He said, sighing.

Vincent...

I stood in a field of dead grass and wind blowing around me.

"Vincent," A woman called for me in German, and I looked to see my mother standing there. I felt a jolt in me. She had been dead since, since I was 10.

"Mom?" I asked, quietly and in German. My voice was smaller, weaker. A child's. I put my hand to my throat.

"Come on, let's go home." She said, holding out her hand.

I knew what this was. I wasn't sure, but, I remembered it. It was a memory. The field. It was a football field. I looked around, then to a portable restroom. I looked back to my mother. She was still holding her hand out to me. She hadn't moved a centimeter. I started backing away.

"This isn't real," I said, looking at her warily.

Her warm smile turned to a cold frown. She then was consumed in black. Black feathers dropped from her and she was then the reaper with crimson hair.

"You," I said, in my normal voice. I had changed back to my current self.

He put a hand on his hip. He was wearing a red coat over the rest of his clothes. He had a disappointed frown on his face.

"Well, seems your plan didn't work." He said, looking behind him.

I looked and saw a second reaper. He was dressed in a black suit and tie, curly dark brown hair covered his head. He turned to me and looked at me with grey brown eyes.

"It gives him a chance to make his own choice." He said, in a cold yet almost soft voice.

"I say we just kill him now and get it over with," The red head said.

I started backing away from both of them but the one with curly hair looked at me and I uncontrollably stopped. The red head then had a folder and opened it.

"He has done nothing to contribute to society, he killed for the hell of it, though I do love that he had supplied me with souls, oh, and he's supplied you with a few as well, hm. He became a Hunter only a few years ago, and just a couple hours ago was raped."