XIX

When we got Vincent to the bunker, we had cleaned out the entire hospital of our existence there. We got Vincent to his bed, most of his wounds healed. The ribs, bruises, sores and cuts were dealt with, but he had to deal with a broken leg. He had started using crutches to get around.

We decided that he shouldn't be Hunting, so when we did go out for a supply run, he was a little more than a lot pissed off. He caught up with me as I went to the stairs with Jack.

"Come on, please," He begged, "I need to get back out there. I'm getting cabin fever." I turned to him.

"It's just a supply run, you'll be fine staying here, and you're still shaking. I don't want you to go into shock or something."

He went dead silent. I breathed heavily.

"You didn't have to go out and say it." He said quietly.

"I know, I'm sorry," I said, "But it's the truth, I just don't want you to get hurt." I went to him and pat his back, "We'll be back soon, okay?"

"Okay," He nodded. I smiled at him and went back to Jack as he started getting up the stairs, "Get me some snicker doodles! And Guinness!"

"Snicker doodles and Guinness?" I asked, "Is that a good combination?" I hung onto the door as I looked down at him.

"I don't know, but I want those." He said, "So, please?"

I smirked and nodded, "Sure," I left and went to the Audi with Jack, getting in the passenger side as he got into the driver's seat. I closed the door.

"You sure we should be leaving him alone?" He asked, turning on the car.

"Well, he's disabled, he can't really go anywhere."

He nodded slightly as we headed down the dirt road.

Vincent...

I looked around the main room of the bunker. I set my crutches against the table and limped over to the vinyl player, putting on an old ballad and then went into the kitchen. I got into the fridge and took out a piece of pizza. I grunted as I fell back against the counter with it, relieving my leg. I set it on the counter and started massaging the upper half of my leg.

I breathed heavily and put the pizza into my mouth as I limped into the map room. I sat down and opened a book I was reading, putting my leg onto one of the other chairs. I started reading as I continued eating the cold pizza that Jack would kill me if he saw me eating.

I read over one of the experiments someone did on a goat. I cringed slightly, but then made a small note on a piece of paper. I got a phantom feeling of someone touching me and I twitched, huffing. I knew there was nothing there, but after what she did, I couldn't shake that feeling of being used.

Cas...

Jack and I went through the store, splitting up to get more stuff faster. I was on the beer and sweets and he was on dinner. I looked around the liquor aisle. Nothing too great. Just cheap rip offs of Guinness and American beers. I sighed and tapped my foot. I put a six pack of Guinness into my basket.

I felt eyes on my back, and I turned to the clear aisle. I turned back slowly, then went back as Fergus was in front of me. I glared at him.

"Relax." He told me, putting a hand up to me, "I've come for simple discussion."

"About what?"

"Vincent Bryant." He put his hand down, "I understand he's been in a dire accident. Where would he be?"

"Resting."

He looked at me, "You're babying him, aren't you?"

"It's none of your business." I told him, then went to get past him.