XIII

In Manhattan, there was an old time auction, giving away old relics for charity money. A human auction, unlike the underground auction the gang had been at a while back. A man closed a box with a certain golden rim, and started rolling it into the auction room.

A second man, checking on all the other merchandise, was distracted by a swinging door, letting all the rain in. He went to the door and looked around. No one was there to open it, so he brushed it off and closed the door. Something dropped down swiftly behind him and he turned to not even get a glimpse of the thing before he was bitten into.

Back in the auction room, the auctioneer watched the crown piece be uncovered.

"Our next item," The auctioneer said, and the lights flickered and the TVs fritzed, leaving them with only static and the room dark.

A murmur arose from the crowd of people.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please keep your seats. The power will restart shortly, I'm sure this is just a temporary problem," They started getting off the podium, "Now, for the first time at auction, an artifact of Bethamor, coming to us, from a long lost culture."

He motioned to his side and there was a heavy built box. The symbol slowly turned on it and they watched. The auctioneer started questioning the man behind him before the box clicked opened.

Small, crawling, flying creatures jumped out and swarmed the room.

Jack...

I swam under water in the pool we had found in the bunker. It was warm and was good for relaxing in. I surfaced and breathed heavily as I floated on the water. My phone started going off. I swam to the edge of the pool and picked it up, answering.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, Jack," Cliff said.

"Hey, Cliff, what's up?" I asked.

"Nothing, just was checking up, what's going on over there?" He asked, as I got out of the pool.

"Uh nothing much, just the same old, getting a case now and then," I said, drying off my face then.

"What about Cas?"

"She's uh, she's doin' okay." I started walking down the hall to get to my room.

"Her and Fergus?"

I sighed, "You know how couples are. They make adjustments. They argue," I said, "There's good days, bad days,"

I came to a slow stop when I heard yelling from Cas' room. I watched as the hinges started breaking off. I swallowed as the door flew off and Cas hit a wall, grunting as she dropped to the floor.

"And, really bad days." I sighed, "I'll call you back," I hung up and put my phone away.

Cas...

I grunted as I got up. I looked down to myself and started brushing some dust off my clothes. I looked to Jack standing just down the hall, staring at me.

"Hey, Jack," I said, putting up a hand to wave. He just stared at me as I started going back into the room, continuing to brush myself off, "Watch it, he's on fire."

I started picking up a few things from the floor.

"I'm not afraid of you, ya know," I said, putting them away.

"Oh well you should be," Fergus said, and I turned to him, "I mean look at this mess, look around!"

"I have one rule," I said, looking to him, "Just, don't touch my stuff."