V

"So, we got the entire body fully drained of blood,"

"So then we have a vamp?" I asked Jack as I looked away from the road for a second.

"You didn't let me finish," He said, "A body fully drained of blood hanging upside down, throat slit and blood dripping into a bucket along with several others filled to the rim with her blood, the killer found dead in the corner with blood coming from his mouth, nose and ears."

"That's awesome," I said, and turned down the street to the parking lot, "You sure you want to go onto enemy territory?" I asked, as I slowed down to the security pass.

The man looked at me from in the little place he was standing. I looked at Jack.

"It's for a case, and we'll be fine," He said and I got out my fake ID.

I rolled down my window and handed him my ID. He checked it and gave it back to me. The gates opened and we rolled onto the grounds of the U.S. Marines training camp.

After finding where the murder had happened, I parked on the side of the street and we walked up to the warehouse. I brushed off my sleeves as we walked up to two Marines watching as forensics took swabs and whatnot.

"Morning," I said, and they looked at us.

"Who are you?" One asked.

"Agent Keira Mulder," I said, showing them my badge, "FBI, this is my partner agent Michael Scully."

"Sargent McKinley," One said, saluting us.

"Private O'Brien," The other said, saluting as well.

"Uh, yeah," I gave them a small salute with Jack, "Uhm, what do we got here?" I asked, and they turned to the blood covered room.

"Mass murder, the fifth in two weeks, each of the killers found the same way." Sargent McKinley said, "Brain dead and having blood coming out of every exit way on their body."

"Damn," I said quietly, looking around.

"You think you'll be able to solve a case the U.S. military can't, agents?" McKinley asked, turning back to us.

"We can damn well try." I said, and nodded for Jack to follow me out, "Sargent, Private," I gave them a small nod and they tipped the brim of their covers as we left.

I looked to the Dart and saw a familiar face leaning on it. It was a man in his early 20s. He had a small beard and mustache, black hair and brown eyes. He had dog tags hanging around his neck and was wearing camo pants, tan combat boots and a white t-shirt. I knew him from when I had been a demon. Cody Maverick. His red Jeep was parked on the other side of the road. He got off my car as we walked up to him.

"Saw your old ass car and knew I'd see you around here." Cody said, looking at me.

"Wondering when we'd see you again." I put my hands in my pockets.

"Winchester," He said my name with almost no anger.

"Maverick," I said.

"What are you doing sticking your nose in our business?" Jack asked.

"The people who have been killed, they were my friends, acquaintances, colleagues," He told us.

"Your point?" I asked.

"I read up on those so called monsters you told me about, including demons," He looked at me specifically, "So I know how to protect myself now from all those things you told me about." He looked between the two of us, "I know what my father was. He was a kapre, right?"