XXI*

Sylvester...

"So, I heard that you were taking in student volunteers for internships?" A girl asked.

"Why yes I am, miss?" I said, sitting back in my chair.

"Reedman," She said, holding out her hand, "Shelly Reedman,"

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Reedman," I said, shaking her hand, "I'm Sylvester Stain, you can call me by Stain."

"Stain?" She asked, "Like the family Stains?" I nodded, "It's a huge honor to be here then, I didn't know,"

"Please, it is an honor to be working with such a bright girl." I said, fixing my jacket, "Now, you're here for which position?"

"Uh, the internship."

I nodded, "Ah," I got up, "Well, I believe you mixed up the dates, Ms. Reedman, internship interviews are next week."

"Oh," She said, "I'm sorry, I guess I got it wrong."

"It's no big deal," I said, leading the way to the door. She met me as I opened the door, "It's been a pleasure meeting you, but promise me we will talk next week."

"Of course," She nodded, "You as well." I looked at her eyes as she went to leave.

Blue as mine. I stopped her and she looked at me.

"Maybe I'll take the interview now," I told her, nodding back in, "Already have to wait an hour or anyways."

"Oh," She said, "Okay," She sat back down and I paced next to her, "What would you like me to start with?"

"First off, how good is your vision?" I asked, "We have a lot of paper work to get through,"

"Oh, it's uh, 20/20." She said, and I nodded, stepping in front of her, taking a letter opener from my desk.

I quickly slit her throat and she gasped as she started dying. I went behind my desk and took up my brief case. I opened it and took out a jar that had been cooled and a, well, eye scooper. I turned back to the girl and started taking out her eyes. I extracted one and put it in the jar, then took the other. I closed the jar and put everything back into the case, closing it. The door opened and a janitor was standing there.

"Oh my god," They said, and I quickly went to the window, "Hey!" I jumped out and landed on the ground. I started running to get to my car.

Meanwhile, Jack...

"Nothing?" I asked, looking to Regina, "You've got nothing? It's been over a week, Regina! You said that the Codex could crack the code!"

"This cannot be rushed. Perhaps if I weren't chained up, I'm not at my full strength." She told me.

"Yeah, and you won't be at your full strength." I told her, "No witch craft!" She looked at me, "Look, I need the cure for Cas from the Book, and if you're stalling,"

"Why on earth would I stall?" She asked, "I want the Mark off your friend for my own protection! I want out of these chains and this pit. I want you to hold up your end of the deal and kill Fergus. You do remember the deal, do you not, Jacob?"

"Believe me, I have no issue killing Fergus!"

She sighed, "The problem is," She went back to her table, "The language Addison used in the Codex is damn near indecipherable. She was a good witch, but a selfish pig. Once she cracked a code, she then coded it for herself."

"So, we need to break a code, to, break a code?" I asked.

"Attractive, but a little slow on the comprehensive scale, aren't you?"