XXII

The end of school bell rung out and students of the private academy walked out. Jeremy Stain was among them. He was grabbed and held back by a, well, a bully was what to call him. Robert Clarence. He had tattoos going up his left arm and he had that real jerk look to him. He shoved Jeremy into a wall and Jeremy looked at him.

"I don't want any problems, Robert, just please, leave me alone," Jeremy told him.

"You know, for bein' a Stain kid, you sure are one whiny, weak, nerdy little bitch," Robert said, grabbing Jeremy by the tie and bringing his fist back.

"Is there a problem here, boys?" James asked as he walked up to the boys.

Robert got a fearful expression as he quickly let Jeremy go and corrected himself.

"No, sir." Robert kept his eyes down.

James looked at Jeremy and Jeremy quickly got to the car. James got Robert to leave and went back to the car with Jeremy, getting in the back with him. Jeremy kept to the small area near the window as the driver started driving.

"If you want me to take care of the idiot for you, I will, you know that, son." James offered.

"No," Jeremy said, "No, please, don't," He looked to his father.

"Alright," James said, shifting in his seat, "It about time you get into the family business," He started.

"No," Jeremy cut him off, "I'm not doing it,"

"You're gonna have to, son, your granddaddy won't permit you into the family loan if you don't, and since your uncle Martin passed last night, the financial stable is passed onto you. You're studyin' cyber tech for a reason, son." James told him.

"You ever think that I don't wanna carry on Uncle Martin's legacy, or any of yours?" Jeremy asked.

James sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, "I just don't want you to end up in the gutter."

"I won't, daddy," Jeremy said, "Normal people go out and have amazing lives, even without money and bioengineering."

"Jeremy,"

"Daddy, I can do it, I swear I can."

James huffed, "Your granddaddy's on my case about this, and he won't be alright with you not agreeing to our ways."

"But what you do, it's awful, all those people, they had lives." Jeremy pleaded.

"It's a sad fact of our life, son, we do this for our survival."

"Well what if I don't want to live as long as you?"

James looked at him.

"What if I just want to be normal?" Jeremy asked, "I haven't had any of your transplants, I'm clean for everything other than my bloodline,"

"What are you sayin'?"

"I don't want to be a Stain," Jeremy said, as the car stopped. He quickly got out of the car and into the house, going directly to his room and shutting himself in. James breathed heavily and covered his face. He didn't want to force this on his son, but if he didn't, Francis Stain would have him executed.

Cas...

I watched as the two bodies burned. I couldn't think of anything that I usually would. No good memories came to mind. Just a plot for revenge was accumulating.

Jack went to step up to them, but I turned to him, "No."

"Cas," Jack started.

"You did this to them," I said coldly, "You have no right to have last words,"