six

BLAKE'S POV

Eddie and I waved to Bradlee as we pulled out of their driveway. I looked at Eddie who was gripping the steering wheel tightly. 

"So...what did you think about Bradlee." 

"W-what do you mean? Why are you bringing him up? Did he say something to you?!" Eddie said frantically, his face becoming bright red. 

"Eddie, chill out. You're so damn crazy. He seemed like a chill dude I just wanted to know what you thought of him." 

"Ohhh, hahaha yeah I knew that. Umm, he was great." I raised an eyebrow at him but didn't question him any more. 

My mind wandered back to Victoria, it seemed to be doing that a lot. She was so different, in a good way, of course, but still, it was so hard to understand her. 

"Blake, what is going on with you and Victoria?" 

Now it was my turn to get all flustered, "I-I don't know what...what you're talking about."

"Really," He gave me a blank stare, "I'm your best friend, you can't bullshit me. I see how you look at her and that picture we saw,  about the eyes you have yet to tell me anything." 

"Eddie it's nothing, you know how I get sometimes," I said diminishing his statement.

"Do you not trust me?" Even though he wasn't looking at me I could tell he was hurt, his shoulders were slumped and he was sulking.

I sighed, "Okay, I'll tell you, but once we get home I don't want you crashing my car. Just stop pouting." 

He sat up straight and gave me this big smile. I rolled my eyes at him and nudged him.

"Woah Woah, you would hate for me to swerve this car into a tree." He said jokingly. 

I gave him a dirty look but stopped as I turned towards the window, looking at the scenery pass us by. 

****************

"Okay! We are home so tell me!!" Eddie said as he bounced up and down on my bed. 

I ran my hands through my hair as I sat on my desk chair. I didn't know why, but I felt as if I was betraying Victoria.

 No, I wasn't, Eddie is my best friend he deserves to know. 

Right?

I shook my head to stop my internal debate and took a deep breath, here goes nothing.

"You remember that picture we saw of Victoria... well Claire?" 

Eddie nodded his head, so I continue, "Well you mentioned the purple eyes she had in the picture and that wasn't the first time I've seen them."

"When we first met Victoria the first thing I noticed about her was her eyes and every time I looked at her, her eyes always seemed to change. Like that time before the party when you asked me if I was okay, it was because when I saw at her at the library her eyes were purple."

"Then..then at the party when Jaden and I were fighting, out of nowhere h-h-he couldn't breathe and she looked so mad and even under that dim lighting  I saw those eyes and they were black. That's why I asked you if you noticed something off about her."