twelve

BLAKE'S POV

"Stay away from me, you don't understand how dangerous I can be," Victoria said walking away wiping tears from her eyes. 

Suddenly I couldn't control myself I grab her waist and pulled her into me. She looked at me, her beautiful blue eyes staring into my dull brown ones. I lifted my hand to her cheek wiping away the remaining tears. Victoria looked away from me, her purple hair hiding her face. 

I lifted my hand to her cheek wiping away the remaining tears. Leaning forward I whisper into her ear:

"It would be dangerous for me to stay away." 

Our lips brushed against each other, but Victoria pushed me away. 

"Someone is here. Stay right here."  I nodded cautiously as I watched her jump in the air and fly out of sight. 

I crouched down and put my head in my hands, replaying the conversation we just had. What did she mean by destined to die? 

Nothing made sense right now. 

"Blake are you okay...why are you... did something happen?" Victoria said frantically crouching down beside me.

I looked at her with a tired smile, "Did you find anyone?" 

She paused and looked at me, giving me this blank expression. "No...I couldn't find anyone. You didn't answer my question."

I shrugged at her and pulled her up with me. "Nothing,  I'm just tired." She looked at our intertwined hands and laughed slightly.

"You really are different from the rest." 

I looked at her then our hands as I watched her rub her thumb on the outside of my hand, I pulled her hand up to my lips and kissed it. She looked up at me her eyes a glowing golden.

Clearing her throat she said, "We should go home, it's late."

"Okay."

"Okay."

She gave me another one of her 'hard to read' looks before turning around to leave. 

"Victoria wait." I just needed to know something.

"You said that the only way to defeat the Yomis is if you die, what did you mean?"

"I meant it exactly how I said it." 

I sighed slightly and gave her an exasperated look. Why couldn't she trust me?

"Is there any-"

"Let it go Blake."

"But you won't even tell me if-"

"Let. It. Go." 

I was tired of letting go of things with her. I wasn't going to let this go, not when it meant her life. 

"Victoria you can trust me. I want you to trust me."

She looked at me with a sad smile. I watched her carefully as she moved closer to me enough that her presence almost became overwhelming. Our foreheads were placed together our breaths intertwining.

"I do trust you, that's why I am so afraid."

That was the last thing I heard from Victoria before she disappeared. 

***************

"How can someone just disappear from the phase of the Earth," I complained to Eddie.

It had been two weeks since Victoria just ran away. Eddie and I passed by their house over the weekend just to find the house completely desolate.