eight

BLAKE'S POV

"The Nyasamas?" Eddie and I both spoke up at the same time.

To say we were shocked would be an understatement. Never in a million years would I expect so much to happen in just 4 weeks of senior year. And now here we are learning about a magical group of people. 

I looked at Victoria who sat there with a blank stare.

My eyes trailed to the hole in the middle of her shirt, her bra was on full display. I bit my lip and turned away.

Blake you need to stop perving now is not the time. Focus on the topic at hand.

"Yes, the Nyasamas," Victor continued, "We are an Elite French Society with powers you could never imagine. Normally if people were to find out about us you would instantly be put to death.  The secrecy of our society must be honored in the highest degree."

"Umm, so you are going to kill us?!" Eddie said his voice cracking slightly. 

"Of course not cutie, I wouldn't allow it," Bradlee reassured Eddie. 

Eddie let out a relieved sigh and ignored Bradlee's obvious flirtation. The rest of us gave him weird looks.

"Anyways...Bradlee is right we won't kill you. Around the time our society was created another group came up as well. They are known as the Yomis, the people of the dead."

"Filthy fucking creatures." Victoria sneered, her eyes glowing a dark red. 

"Mi amour, your language," Victor said giving her a stern glare.

"My bad." 

"Okay, now stop interrupting me, dammit." 

We nod and he continues, "The Yomi's are jealous people, they have plotted against us for years. They are weak though and we wiped out their society multiple years ago. Or so we thought. While we thought they were all gone a few survived and created these supernatural beings. Stronger than anything we have ever seen."

"They used those same supernatural beings to wipe out all of us. Generations of families all gone in just one night."

The atmosphere in the room was tense. Bradlee and Victor had sad smiles on their faces, Eddie was fiddling with his fingers, and Victoria was fuming.

"So, who we saw today are they apart of the group?" I questioned hoping to break the silence.

"No and yes, he was too easy to defeat the people my Uncle are talking about they are nearly impossible to kill or injure."

Wow.

"How did you guys survive?" Eddie asked quietly. 

I could tell this was overwhelming for him; hell it was overwhelming for me too. But we were in too deep to not care now. I just didn't understand why they were telling us all of this. 

"Bradlee and I were traveling, so we left my wife and our newborn at home. When we came back...they um they were gone." Victor whispered the last part his voice filled with so much sorrow that my chest hurt.

"Victoria can tell her own story when she's ready." 

Eddie and I just nodded. I felt so bad, but I knew pitying them would do nothing to help so I kept my mouth shut of an apology and asked a question.

"Why are you telling us this?"

"You will know when the time comes."

************************

"What a fucking day," I said laying on my bed. Eddie came up and laid beside me so we were side by side.

"Eddie what's wrong, you've been quiet ever since we left their house."