thirty five (1)

BLAKE'S POV

We were sitting at a table, talking to Victoria. Everyone was happy that Victoria was here, well everyone except for Bradlee. Ever since he saw Victoria on the dance floor he hadn't stopped glaring at her. Which, was a weird response from someone who was just crying over her.

"I was beginning to think you wouldn't come," Sophia mentioned as she pulled Victoria into a hug. Victoria hugged her back for a second before putting her arms down and waiting patiently for Sophia to let go of her.

"I wasn't going to, that's why I didn't come right away. But I knew that I had to see you guys before I left even if it was just for a few minutes."

I nodded my head as I took in her appearance. She was glowing, her purple eyes were vibrant under the fairy lights and her skin seemed to shimmer. The first thing I mentioned was her eyes, she told me that when she woke up her hair had gone to its original color of black and her eyes were back to purple, what they used to be when she was younger.

"I'm glad you decided to come, Victoria." Sophia smiled as she watched Victoria, "Wait I need to ask this, your contacts look so real...how?"

Victoria let out a dry laugh before shrugging, "Expensive? Haha, I just wanted to try something new so I bought purple contacts to match the theme of prom and I cut and dyed my hair black."

"Cheshire Cat," Greyson mumbled, a small smile on his usually stoic face. Victoria looked at him and smiled back, "Yeah, Cheshire Cat."

"Eddie, Bradlee...you 've been awfully quiet." I teased as I turned towards both of them. Bradlee rolled his eyes at me before crossing his arms, while Eddie just grinned.

"It's just that I'm so excited to see you, that I don't know what to say."

"If you say so Eddie, but can you do me a favor and tell your boyfriend over there to stop glaring at me," Victoria said making eye contact with Bradlee.

We all turned to look at Bradlee, who was sitting there with his arms crossed and glaring at Victoria. "What is wrong?" Eddie questioned, placing a hand on Bradlee's crossed arms.

Bradlee's strong gaze softened slightly once he turned his face to Eddie. "I just don't think this is a good idea. You might miss your flight Victoria and that will be bad."

We knew he was trying to be as cryptic as possible so Sophia wouldn't be suspicious, but he had a point. We were supposed to avoid all contact with Victoria today, but here we were sitting at a table with her.

This could end badly if we weren't careful.

"Don't worry...the full mo- I mean my flight leaves at 11:30 so I'll leave at 11:00, 10:45 if it will make you feel better. I thought this through, everything will be fine.....everything has to be fine."

Bradlee shook his head slowly, still trying to see whether this was a good idea. "Okay, Victoria...I trust you." He said smiling as he gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

"Enough of this sappy shit, it's prom lets fucking party," Greyson stated as he pulled off his suit jacket leaving him in a tight white dress shirt.

"YES! The gang is all here......now we can really have fun!" Eddie commented pulling up Bradlee from his seat.

"THE NIGHT HAS JUST BEGUN, BABY!" I yelled, hugging Victoria to me. She pulled me closer and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Then let's have some fun."

*****************************

Victoria and I stood with a crowd of other students who were waiting for the announcement of prom king and queen. Greyson and Bradlee were a few spaces closer to the stage than us.