Chapter 16: After A Month

Kabir's P. O. V

It's been a whole month, a month of my Heer getting back to the hotel, where we have been living for the past few days after Heer getting discharged from the hospital. It took more than 20 days for her to get out of the hospital with a plaster on her left leg, still broken collar bone, a hairline fracture to her wrist. Brushes on her body were still healing. We found her after our 3-week search, she was abused physically, emotionally and even...sexually. I wanted to tear that Ved and Tanish apart as I first saw her chained in Ved's bedroom, all naked, beaten. I blamed myself, even more, when the doctor said that she was raped more than once in those 3 weeks.

I wanted to crumble down when my Heer woke up after 3 days and said, " Can you please... Please kill me? "

That day, I realized that I can also break, again. I thought that after that thing I would never ever be able to fall apart. That I would never trust anyone, that I would never love anyone ever again except my family. But I was wrong it hurt me so much to see at my Heer, my gorgeous girl. She was in pain, every night she would wake up from the nightmares screaming and thrashing things around her, she would still have those terrifying nightmares of her being again in his house.

"Mr Kabir, I... I want to have pizza. Can you please order some? " Heer says as she comes inside the kitchen as I was cutting some fruits for her.

I look at her with a smile and say, " Sure baby. And you know you can call me Kabir."

"Hmmm... I know but I like Mr Kabir" She says and walks away with help of her crutches. She is becoming more comfortable around me. She is super comfortable with Kaira, she really didn't talk to me at first, but after I brought her here to the hotel, she started to talk to me, and eventually become comfortable.

I cut the last piece of apple and put the dish on the tray with two small forks and a glass of water. I carry the tray output it on the table in the living room and sit on the single sofa chair as Heer is laying on the couch beside the chair and watching Netflix on TV.

"I will order some pizza" I inform her as she gives me a glance and nods.

I walk over to the phone which is near the Tv call the reception and ask them for an extra-large pizza. I order as needed and hung up.

"Mr Kabir, I... I am ready to tell you everything " Suddenly Heer tells me as she switches off the TV . I look towards her nodded my head and spoke, " I... Okay, you can tell me anything you want to"

She has been gaining therapy for the last 4 weeks, the doctor said to me if she speaks to anyone, it's really good for her, she needs to let those things out. She should not hold onto them cause it will affect her, really bad.