Chapter 41: Heartbeat

Kabir's P.O.V

I am so fortunate, so delighted to have such a blessing. Today, we are going to do a  check up on Heer and ultrasound of our baby too. This week was a difficult and the night, Kairav's attack on Heer was enough to make me scared to death.

I had never been so scared until Kairav put his knife on Heer's stomach. I am really proud of Heer that she remembered our tactics and didn't panic.

She was a surprised and scared but that did not stop her from being brave. She stood brave for her kids I know.

"Mr Kabir?" I hear her call me out. I am in my study sending some important details to my secretary for tomorrows meeting. I send one last email and shut my laptop. Grabbing my suit jacket, I start to walk out of my study.

I meet a beautiful Heer, who has wore a blue shirt with dark blue jeans. She looks angry, goodness! What is wrong now?

"Why are you so late? I have been waiting for you for almost 15 min, Mr Kabir" she whines and pouts. How more cute can she get?

I walk towards her and hold her hand while saying, " Sorry baby. Let's go now" and a peck on her lips is all it takes for her anger to disappear.

•°•°•°•°•°•°

"So, Mr Ramirez is also here with us" the doctor says as she sees me getting inside her room behind Heer.

I smile and nod my head as Heer says, "Yes, my husband is here to. Do you know him?" She suddenly asks making the doctor gasp.

"Everyone in Canada knows the richest man in the country" Doctor exclaims.

Heer looks at me with a smile and lays on the examination chair. As I stand beside her and lock my fingers with her.

The doctor goes o the table where her equipments are kept, as the nurse gives her the blue gloves. She comes up with a little container and nurse pulls up Heer's shirt after asking for her permission.

"This can be cold" the doctor warns as she applies gel like cream on Heer's belly.

After applying the gel and removing the gloves from her hands the doctor sits on the stool and turns towards a small TV. The nurse hands her a small device, she rolls the device and we could see Heer's stomach.

"Do you want to here the heartbeat?" The doctor asks and we look at each other and nod. I say a 'yes' for confirmation.