Chapter 12:After effects.

Radhika's pov :

After returning to the haweli, I went in my room. The moment I found I was alone, I broke down. Seriously, what's wrong with him? He was not this way, when we met. I thought he is a gentleman but from today's behaviour, I'm reconsidering it. Was that chivalrous behaviour just to make me say yes? If this is how he's going to behave then I don't know how will I be able to be live with him.

What was my fault? That I spoke with Abhijeet. Should I ask him before talking to anyone? I'm going to be his wife not some employee! I am the one who should be angry on him as he did not show up at the airport but instead of saying sorry, he's angry that I spoke to Abhijeet!

I surely didn't want to go for dinner but for nanaji and my family, I had to pretend like everything is normal. I cleaned myself and then went down. Swarna and Sarah were busy watching some movie on the tv whereas Abhijeet was sitting with nanaji and my family.

As I approached the dining table, I saw Mr. Oberoi and Elena sitting in the garden , laughing and chit-chatting. Not even a single regret on his face. That moment, I realised that this is just a deal for him. I don't know why I thought that it could be something more. From his behaviour and the way he convinced my parents , I thought that he feels something for me but I guess I was wrong. Well I can't really say anything afterall this is just a deal. So without any delay I sat on the chair, after 5 mins everyone came and joined me on the table. The dinner went quite well as no one spoke and I didn't dare to look in Mr. Oberoi's direction.

Once we were done with the dinner, I decided to take a walk in the garden. So, I went in my room and got my earphones. I started my playlist and the songs were being played in a loop. Music and earphones are the best way to disconnect you from the mean world, it makes you forget about your worries. I had my eyes closed and I was listening to Haal- e-dil.

Hai Kash Kash Yu Hota
Har Sham Sath Tu Hota
Chup Chap Dil Na Yu Rota
Har Sham Sath Tu Hota
Gujara Ho Tere Bin Gujara
Ab Mushkil Hai Lagta
Najara Ho Tera Hi Najara
Ab Har Din Hai Lagta

I've heard this song many times but today I felt each and every word of it. Just when my favourite part started, someone pulled me by my arms. My hands on landed on that person's chest. As I slowly opened my eyes. I saw him.

Hale Dil Tujhko Sunata Dil Agar
Ye Bol Pata Bakhuda
Tujhko Hai Chahta Ja
Tere Sang Jo Pal Bitata
Waqt Se Mai Wo Mang Lata
Yad Karke Mushkurata

The song was so appt for this situation. I saw his lips moving, which meant he was speaking. He literally picked me up by my waist and turned me. That's when I got to know, I was marching into the pool as my eyes were closed. Shit! I don't even know swimming. I removed my earphones and turned the music off.

"Thank you.", I said smiling at him. Saying this I was about to leave, when he called me.
"Radhika.", I turned immediately.

"I wanted to talk to about what happened in the evening.", This man never stutters! He was saying this with so much of confidence that I thought I was the one who did the mistake.

"Ok.", I wanted no more drama.

"I'm sorry that I yelled at you. I shouldn't have done that. I was just furious because I thought he will take you away-" He stopped in the middle of this statement . I looked at him immediately and he reframed the sentence.

"I thought he will make you talk about our deal. If nanaji got to know about it, then it would cause great problem." I just looked at him, pressed my lips together and gave him a nod. I was waiting for him to say something but he was just standing there.

So, I plugged my earphones on and started the music. I walked away from there. He didn't try to stop me so I assumed that he was done talking. In my mind, I wanted to hold him by his collar and ask him about each and everything he messed up in the past 2 days. Firstly, he ditched us, secondly he brought his friend to this wedding and thirdly, he yelled at me.