Chapter 41: The others

Vishakha made an appointment to meet Abhijeet as he had been avoiding her. The night spent in Goa was special to her. Just after advising Yug and Radhika to get a room, Vishakha made her way to the beach. She found a good spot and sat there all alone, staring at the stary night. Suddenly, one person came and lied next to her. The person was Abhijeet. They talked about their teen years, their careers, their ambitions and what not. That day she met a different Abhijeet, he was nothing like the image she had in her mind, infact, he was completely opposite.It was the best time Vishakha had ever spent with anyone. Next morning when she went to him, he avoided her and kept doing that for some days so she had decided to meet him in his office as she Hamas to invite him for the fashion show.

"Hey!", said Vishakha moving towards Abhijeet's desk.

"You have 15 minutes to speak.", said Abhijeet without giving her any look.

"You've been avoiding me since that night.", said Vishakha trying to bring some light on the night they spent in Goa.

"For avoiding you, first I need to notice you and I don't remember doing that at all.", said Abhijeet curtly.

"What do you mean?", asked Vishakha.

"We were never friends, we've barely spoken to each other, we don't hang out. Why will I avoid you when I never paid any attention to you?asked Abhijeet. This angered Vishakha. After all this years of having feelings for him, she hoped that his behaviour would change towards her and that night in Goa was the reason for that.

"This is not what you said that night.", said Vishakha.

"We just talked Vishakha! It was just a normal conversation. I talk to a lot of people that doesn't mean that I go to other people's offices on working days asking them 'why are you avoiding me?'", said Abhijeet.

"It was certainly not a normal conversation. People don't discuss their lives, present and future in a normal conversation!", said Vishakha.

"You can assume whatever you want! Stop acting like I slept with you and didn't call you!", said Abhijeet.

"We spoke our hearts out in front of each other or atleast I did and that means more to me than having sex or kissing.", said Vishakha who was on the verge of crying.

"Look, Vishakha, I've known you for a long time. That day, I was a bit upset and wanted to spend some time alone but then I saw you and I decided to sit beside you. We just had a normal conversation which meant nothing to me. I don't even remember what I said.", lied Abhijeet.

"I don't know if you are lying or telling the truth. If you are telling the truth then you almost fooled me that day. I thought maybe there was a slight chance for us to be friends or something more than that but how can I forget you are a player. You are nothing like Yug.", said Vishakha.

"Exactly! I am not YUG! And I never will be!", yelled Abhijeet marching towards her. She was scared because of his sudden outburst. She moved a few steps back which was noticed by Abhijeet. Looking at her he realised that he was crossing the line. He moved back and then offered her some water.

He gently told her the truth.
"I love someone else and that day I had an argument with her. I was hurt and I needed someone. Thanks for being there for me but this is it. I can allow you in my professional life but not in my private one.", said Abhijeet calmly. She was just gaping at him as she didn't know what to say. She had made a fool of herself. Just because he talked to her doesn't mean that he is interested in her, he never was, he never will be! Thought Vishakha.

"I'm sorry for assuming things. I should leave.",said Vishakha.
She handed him over the invitation for the fashion show and left his office.

.............................................................................

"Will you say something?", asked Abhijeet to Inaya. Inaya was busy trying dresses for the upcoming fashion show, she was going to walk for Vishakha.

"Abhi, which one will look good?", asked Inaya holding to dresses in her hand.

"The left one.", said Abhijeet. Inaya took the dress and went in her trail room. Abhijeet was getting pissed off after Every minute. He was trying to tell her about Vishakha but she was in no mood.

"Inaya! Will you listen to me?", asked Abhijeet.

"Just two minutes.", said Inaya from the trial room.

She came out wearing that dress and stood in front of the mirror. Twirling in her dress, she asked him
"How do I look?",

"You look beautiful. Now please listen to me.", said Abhijeet as his patience were wearing off.

"Ok, speak.", said Inaya sitting in front of the mirror. She took some ear rings and started trying them on.

"Vishakha came in my office...she told me that ....that she has feelings for me.", said Abhijeet. He wanted no secrets between him and Inaya, so he decided to tell her himself rather than her knowing from somewhere else.

"Finally she got some guts to speak." Said Inaya looking at the bracelets.

"What do you mean by that?", asked Abhijeet.

"Don't you know, she has always had a crush on you but she didn't tell you because she's a chicken, she was scared of rejection.", said Inaya as if it was a mere fact.

"You knew about it?", asked Abhijeet.

"Of course I knew, I was her best friend then.", said Inaya.

"Why didn't you tell me?", asked Abhijeet. He had never kept any secrets from her and expected the same in return.

"She was not your type and besides I don't like her much.", said Inaya.

"Leave that, what did you say?", asked Inaya turning towards him.

"I said that I love you.", said Abhijeet. This statement angered her, she got up and marched towards him saying, "Have you lost your mind? Why did you tell her about us? What if my husband finds out?!"

"I didn't tell your name! I just said that I love someone else.", said Abhijeet.

"Thank God! You scared the shit out of me Abhi!", said Inaya sitting besides him with head down.

Abhijeet moved near her and gave her a glass of water. As she was drinking it, he took her in embrace, kissing her hair he said, "Let's stop this game of hide and seek. Let's get married. I got Nanaji's property so now please divorce your husband.",

"I cannot. He made me sign a prenup before marriage and He hasn't added me in his will. I have to wait till that happens. If I divorce him now I won't even get a penny."  Said Inaya taking his hand in hers.

"We don't need his money. Leave him and come with me. We will start all new. Please.", said Abhijeet.

"You know I cannot marry you right now. I need his money. Just wait for some days.", said Inaya.

"It's been 5 years Inaya. How long am I supposed to wait?! First you rejected my proposal saying it will affect your career and then you married that bastard giving the reason that you're doing this for our safe future. You said you'll divorce him after some months but it's been long Inaya. How long should I wait?", asked Abhijeet. After not getting any answer from her, he took his coat and walked to the door.

"I love you Abhijeet. I left Yug for you....please understand my situation.", said Inaya hugging him from behind. Abhijeet always fell for her sweet voice. He hugged her and apologised for his outburst.

"I'll see you in the show.", said Abhijeet before leaving.

.............................................................................
I thought of writing about VishJeet.
Tell me if you would like such chapters.
Pray for me!