Chapter 43: The show-2

Radhika decided to leave once she knew that Nishchay had left. Vishakha had to stay for a bit long with her colleagues, so after she sent Radhika off, she rejoined the party. She met few of the celebrities who were attending the after party and thenHer assistants and few of the models raised a toast for her.

"I came here to say that I'm leaving. It was an honour to walk for you.", said Inaya.

"Whoa! You are complimenting me?! That's rare.", said Vishakha. During their college Inaya was her biggest critique. Something was always wrong with Vishakha's work according to Inaya.

"I think you deserve this one.", said Inaya before hugging her a good bye.  As Vishakha was hugging her, she saw Abhijeet talking to one of the model. Is she his girlfriend?' Thought Vishakha to herself. But then she literally shouted at herself telling that she shouldn't care.

Inaya saw how her eyes were lingering on Abhijeet. Looking at her, she asked, "Do you still like him?",

"What? No!", said Vishakha shrugging it off. But was she still over him? Before the night in Goa, she thought that she had successfully thrown those chapters at the back of her head but she was wrong and that night in Goa proved it. Her feeling were just hidden but they never went away.

"Good! I mean you're not..."

"I'm not his type! I know that. You have been saying this thing since college.", said Vishakha listening to the same statement the nth time.

"Good night then!", said Inaya as she walked towards the exit. Vishakha got busy in clicking photos as people came to meet her, her eyes fidgeted between Abhijeet and that girl. She tried her best to remember if she had seen that girl before but was unsuccessful.

Finally, she decided to ask one of the coordinators, so, she went to Aahana to ask about her.
"Hey Aahana, can you tell me about that girl over there?", asked Vishakha pointing at her.

"Her, name is Shae, she's a model. Why do you ask?"

"Actually, I'm planning to hire her for my upcoming collection. I saw her walk today and I'm impressed", lied Vishakha.

"Oh! That's great! I'll give you Krish's number and you can contact him.", said Aahana sending Vishakha his contact.

"Krish?"

"Oh, Krish manages her and he's also her bf.", said Aahana.

"Ohk! Thanks for helping!", said Vishakha.

It was almost 2:30 in the morning when Vishakha decided to leave. She walked near the lift and pressed its button. She was waiting for the lift when Abhijeet swalked and stood beside her. She knew he was there but then she just ignored him. As the lift's doors opened, Vishakha entered into it, followed by Abhijeet. She went and stood in one corner of the lift. She pressed the button for the ground floor and stood there still.
'Is he headed home?

He didn't press any button, this means he's going to the ground floor.

'He might go to her house.'

Does he know that his girlfriend is cheating on him?

Should I tell him?

Why do I care?
.
"You're quite practical.",

Wait! It's just I and him in the lift. Did he say that to me?

Yup, he did!

"Sorry, I didn't get you.", said Vishakha turning to face him.

"After knowing that you don't have a chance with me, you jumped to another guy within few days! That's impressive! I thought you were the one life one love kinda girl but you are pretty practical.", said Abhijeet.

"Well, I can't wait for my entire life, can I?", asked Vishakha.

"Good for you.", saying this he left the lift.

.........
.
"You're home!", said Yug as Radhika entered their room, walking like a cat.

"You're awake!", said Radhika standing still on her place, trying to act normal.

"My wife is out, partying. How can I sleep?" Said Yug keeping his book aside.

"Just close your eyes and sleep like always, it's not that hard!", said Radhika.

"You're not fond of parties, then what was so special about this one?", asked Yug getting up from their bed.

"I think you know what was special about this party.", said Radhika. She knew that Sarah might've told him about Nishchay.

"No, I don't. Please tell me.",

"Ok, fine! I went to meet Nishchay.",

"So you were late because you wanted to meet him?"

"Yes.", said Radhika.

"Ok...sleep.", said Yug before going in the washroom. Radhika expected some reaction from him but he was way too calm. Was he actually unaffected or was this the calm before the storm?
.............................................................................

Pray for me!