Chapter 14: The Wedding.

✍🏻RADHIKA'S POV:

Now, Vishakha and her team were making me ready for my wedding. 2 of her employees were working on my hairs for 40 mins now but  still Imthey were not done with it. Other girl was applying god knows what on my face. It was quite oily and felt heavy on my skin. I was never a make-up person. The only make-up I own is Kajal, lip balm, eyeliner, Mascara and any face powder.

Sarah was telling me the products that were being used on my face. She said that the oily thing was called Primer. Vishakha told me that I should atleast learn to do basic make-up now that I'll always be in spotlight. All my family members and friends were busy getting ready in their rooms. So Sarah decided to give me company.

Yesterday was my haldi ceremony. It was pretty normal, it ended in 2 hrs. Abhijeet had to leave urgently, so he took the first flight this morning. Although he said that he had some business emergency, I'm pretty sure that Yug has something to do with it. Nanaji called me to his room and gave me a beautiful set of bangles. He said it belonged to Yug's grandmother. While I was leaving his room he made me promise that Whatever happens, I should always be by Yug's side.

Yug was behaving or should I say pretending to be a good fiancé. He said that we had to leave for Delhi today itself as he had an important meeting tomorrow, how romantic!

After God know how many hours I was ready. The moment I saw my reflection in the mirror, I was pleasantly surprised. I looked beautiful. Seeing myself this way brought a smile on my face. Soon, my family and friends entered my room. They had the same expression like mine.
They took out their phones and started clicking photos. Everyone was enjoying but aai had tears in her eyes.
"You're looking beautiful!", she said kissing my forehead.

"Lagech mothi zalis ga( you grew up too fast)", saying this she started sobbing. I was fine till now, but after listening to her I realised that even if this marriage is fake for us  the relation in which it will bind me will be a true one. The Pandit, the vows, the witnesses, the mantras and everything else will bind me with Yug, forever. He will be my husband according to Indian traditions and customs. His name will be connected to mine and my name will be connected to his.

I am about to get married. I am a bride, a real bride. When the realisation hit me even I started to cry.
"Please don't make my Bhabhi cry, her make-up will get ruined", Said Sarah offering me a tissue.

"Ok, but promise me that you will take care of her in your house.", Said Swarna.

"Obviously, I love her so much.", Said Sarah hugging me. That brought a smile on everyone's face.

"Everyone is waiting for the bride.", Said Vishakha. Baba held my hand and walked me down the aisle. With each and every step I took towards the mandap my heart rate was increasing. I saw nanaji and aajoba sitting in the front row.

Just when I was about to take a step to get on the mandap, Yug extended his hand

Just when I was about to take a step to get on the mandap, Yug extended his hand. I guess he saw my struggle with this heavy lehenga. I took his hand and climbed on the mandap. We exchanged smiles and then sat on our seats. The pandit started chanting the mantras. I looked at my family who had a bright smile on their face. This is worth it! I said to myself and gave them a smile.